got a STUPID ticket

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a STUPID ticket

So i was waiting for my friend at a cici's pizza in katy and it was packed but there were 2 handicap spots that where divided by the white cross lines, and i pulled in between the handicap parking spaces i was not in either handicap spot just on the whites cross lines and a cop pulls behind gets my insurance and licsense and writes me a ticket for "parking in a handicap zone". I was in the car the whole time just waiting for my friend. Also the ticket says my car is black and it is actually nbm. Ive heard of people getting tickets becuase the cop forgets to write the information on the ticket or writes the wrong information on the ticket, and the ticket gets dismissed. So is there anything i can do to get out of this one or am i **** out of luck?

thanks, Adam
Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say you can go a refute it.. Obviously have the point that the officer isn't very observant. It'll prob. get reduced or knocked down or whatever.. Go with the speedy trial and maybe the officer can't make the court date as well.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 AM
TECH Veteran

You weren't actually in the handicapped spot, but were parked illegally though. Could possibly get it thrown out depending on the judge, or could get it dismissed and just pay court costs or something.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

You weren't parked if you were still in the Vehicle, it's called Standing..and perfectly Legal..
Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

The white crossed lines are there so when a handicapped vehicle is parked in the space they can get out using a wheelchair ramp, etc. They need extra room. If you were stopped in that area, you were "parked". Whether you were in the vehicle or not. The mistake on the color of your vehicle should not make a difference. The officer could have just asked you to move. Since he didn't I bet he shows up to court. I don't know the laws on that just throwing some stuff out there. Good Luck
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you guys are morons. if he is parked, regarldess if in the vehicle or not, car is running or not, he is parked in the white stripped portion between handicapped spots, he is infact parked illegal. his dumbass decided to park in the loading/unloading portion between the stalls. hence the ticket...

you cant fight anything, so let this be a lesson, as crappy as it is...

it's not a stupid ticket, it's a stupid decision on your part for where you chose to park...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, from the title, at least the OP acknowledges they were STUPID (although lazy might be thrown in there as well) for parking/standing (and both are routinely written into the statute) in a handicapped zone. Quit trying to squirm your way out of being responsible for your actions and pay the ticket. While you're at it, maybe thank God you don't have a physical need to use those spots.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Ditto on the three prior posts. You got exactly what you deserve.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Teching In

I'll side with TA adam on this one, he was in his car with it running the whole time. If a handicap van/car pulled in Adam could have backed out and been out of their way before the handicap van/car even finished parking.
But I'm guessing there might be more to this story, were you a dick to the cop, did you have your cutout open, no front plate, limo tinted windows.... Something ticked the cop off enough to make him write you a ticket instead of just tapping you window and telling you to move.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blake culp
I'll side with TA adam on this one, he was in his car with it running the whole time. If a handicap van/car pulled in Adam could have backed out and been out of their way before the handicap van/car even finished parking.
But I'm guessing there might be more to this story, were you a dick to the cop, did you have your cutout open, no front plate, limo tinted windows.... Something ticked the cop off enough to make him write you a ticket instead of just tapping you window and telling you to move.
he only stated he was in the car. not that he was in the car with the car running. he simply stated he was 'waiting' in his car. either way his was still in violation. if a HC vehicle came up to park, and he would have to move, then why park there to begin with?

he was asking for it, IMO. OP played with fire and got burned, and is sore over his decision on where he chose to park...

again stupid decision on the OP part, not the violation ordinance or the officers...
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Launching!

the car was running the whole time, i was polite to the cop the whole time. he walked up to the car first thing he says do you have a handicap sticker or w/e and i said no. He then ask for my liscense and insurance. And then he comes back to the car with the citation. i sign the ticket he then ask me to step out of the car becuase my signature didnt look like the one i had wrote on my liscense he then ask me what my address, DOB, height etc. I answer all correctly. Then the douchebags cop friend rolls up and then stand there like jack *** holding my liscense next to my head debating wether or not this liscense is actually me. I can only hope the reason he was such a douchbag that night is his wife left hime and took the kids or his house burned down.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TA adam
the car was running the whole time, i was polite to the cop the whole time. he walked up to the car first thing he says do you have a handicap sticker or w/e and i said no. He then ask for my liscense and insurance. And then he comes back to the car with the citation. i sign the ticket he then ask me to step out of the car becuase my signature didnt look like the one i had wrote on my liscense he then ask me what my address, DOB, height etc. I answer all correctly. Then the douchebags cop friend rolls up and then stand there like jack *** holding my liscense next to my head debating wether or not this liscense is actually me. I can only hope the reason he was such a douchbag that night is his wife left hime and took the kids or his house burned down.
I'm sorry, but your attitude in this post probably explains why you were issued the ticket. You already admitted to screwing up (parked on the white lines), but still want out of the ticket? People don't take any responsibility for their actions anymore. It's a parking ticket, not a moving violation. Pay the ticket, learn from your mistake and move on.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Him and his partner were ******* with you because you are a perfectly healthy teenager parking in a clearly marked handicapped spot. Personally, you should be happy he did not find a reason to search your vehicle and have it towed for whatever reason.

Maybe this particular Officer has a handicapped family member. Think about it.

DUMBASS

Originally Posted by TA adam
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
Him and his partner were ******* with you because you are a perfectly healthy teenager parking in a clearly marked handicapped spot. Personally, you should be happy he did not find a reason to search your vehicle and have it towed for whatever reason.

Maybe this particular Officer has a handicapped family member. Think about it.

DUMBASS

if he found a reason to search my car he would of been disapointed...and he cant tow my car unless there is somthing in my car that gets me arrested.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

you just got one of those ******* cops.. and to everyone up there getting all butt hurt over this like yall have never parked and took 2 spaces or parked illegally. just pay the ticket and move on it shouldnt be too much anyway.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

You can't really do anything. Hopefully you can go to the judge and say you were parked there waiting for your friend to come out and it won't be an issue. If they still want to stick it to you, try to get it changed to illegally parked instead of parking in a handicap because I think the fines are different with the hadi being the more expensive.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by That1WhiteGuy
you just got one of those ******* cops.. and to everyone up there getting all butt hurt over this like yall have never parked and took 2 spaces or parked illegally. just pay the ticket and move on it shouldnt be too much anyway.
I agree ............ Maybe the cop has a Disabled relative/friend....either way...Bad Cop-No Donut..[or pizza,in this case]...
Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a little different outlook, Pops has to park in a handicap because of a hip and knee replacement and it pisses me the **** off when people park in handicap areas.

Take a picture and go to court, I bet you still get stuck with the fine. I had some friends on motorcycles do the same thing. While they was waiting for someone to come out of the store a cop wrote them tickets. They tried to fight it but the judge told them that area is for the handicap, not a waiting zone... Most judges know a person with a disability so they do not show too much sympathy for someone that parks in these designated areas for the handicap
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

my mother had a handicap parking permit. she also passed away last year from the disability she had. im sure if someone was to pull up to the spot he was in he would be more than willing to move.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah some people are getting a little too excited in this thread, granted the cop was dick for doing that, you did park in a place that isnt permitted. all thats left is to either fight it, or pay it. end of thread.