Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok quick comparision here on two different camshafts

Old 09-24-2003, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ok quick comparision here on two different camshafts

I am looking into a cam but I have a few questions. I have been looking at the 02+ LS6 and the GM hotcam and done alot of research on this and other forums, but have yet to get a comparison of the two from the folks that have both. Which one is the better setup? Everybody says they have excellent driveability ect ect, but I'm interested in track results. I'm on a budget, (like most military people that get into these things LOL) so getting a Thunder Racing cam and such is just outta the question for me, (no flame intended but $400 for a new cam is just insane when you can get a hydralic roller for a SBC, Ford, or even Crysler V8 for about $250 or so). Thanks alot for your help guys and lets keep this clean. Post dyno numbers and track times. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok quick comparision here on two different camshafts

I think the LS6 cam is an excellent performer. Inexpensive, sounds stock, and with long tubes and bolt ons makes good numbers. Check my sig below. 376rwhp/361rwtq I am installing a bigger cam this weekend and selling my LS6 cam and LS6 springs with 5900 miles on them for $150.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested as they will be on the for sale forum on Sunday.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ok quick comparision here on two different camshafts

Since you are interested in track results, I would go with the Hotcam over the Z06 cam. Duration counts for more than lift when it comes to performance.

Search this Thread