Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Car is almost started, just a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is almost started, just a few questions

I'm not sure of a few things before I start this car so I came to ask here I installed an aftermarket tranny cooler and I was wondering if it is needed to cap the radiator's tranny cooler inlet/outlet and if so what size are they? I threw the lines away... Also are you guys taking any steps to prime the oil lines before start up. I was going to disconnect the drain and run it into a pan but wanted to know how to get the car to just crank so I can get some oil coming out. tranny/power steering/coolant have to be put back in any special way I should or just fill them back up burp the lines for coolant and turn the wheels side to side for PS? Thanks so much and I'm sure i'll have more questions in a few
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as the collant goes, fill her up and keep the cap off. Let it get all the air out and keep adding collant until she is full.

The power steering is always a pain in the ***. Keep the front tires off the ground when you start it. Make sure the reservoir never goes dry. Turn left to right, and keep adding fluid as you go.

Its going to be kinda noisey and takes a bit of left/right turns until she is done.

Cant help you on the tranny stuff, no experience with it =)
Old 12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tranny should never be dry, Because you have to fill the converter befor you put it on. Also you have to check the fluid when its warm and running.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
10 Second Club

Well when we cut the lines they leaked out quite abit. I know it won't be empty because the tranny/converter still has fluid but I wanted to be safe with it so put alittle fluid back in, and then top if off when the car gets warm? What about the fittings on the radiator..do I have to cap them or can I leave those holes open and cap them at a later date to reduce dirt/dust in the radiator..

And no answer on the turbo prime..should I feed it oil before startup and if so how on these cars, or just turn it over?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont think you need to prime the turbo with the oil. It should hit instantly once the car starts. There is some oil in the turbos from when they were made.