Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Tunnel mount TA vs relocation bracket & new TA

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UMI Tunnel mount TA vs relocation bracket & new TA

so i searched and read lots of threads about this but couldnt get a definite answer. i was looking at UMI torque arms. Now, i can get the tunnel mount and adjustable TA together for about $389 and deal with the noise associated with it. (dont know if it is that bad or not)

or i can buy the relocation bracket for $239 and then buy a new adj torque arm for another $300. obviously i want to go the somewhat cheaper route.

is the noise/vibration really that bad with a tunnel mount style? its a daily driver and will see the track once or twice a year. i do want to get it off the tailshaft and get the full benefit of launching since i have a stall. so i dont know what to do. if the good out weighs the bad then i will buy the tunnel mount which im leaning towards.

opinions please??
Old 12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion is...look at the sales that have been posted recently. You can get an adjustable TA from UMI for 239.99 shipped from Speed Inc when they had their sale
Old 12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tunnel mount isnt that bad, Mines been on the car for a year now and to be honest, if it bothers you, turn the radio up
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a few complaints here and there regarding the tunnel mounted torque arms... we ship a ton of those arms out... so the complaints are usually 1 of every 100 shipped which we find very minimal. We feel a lot of the issues are installer errors, incorrect torque on bolts, also things like the vehicle being lowered and aftermarket rear ends will lead to different results.

My personal experience is the short tunnel mounted set-ups are 100% streetable with no additional road noise or clunks.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
There are a few complaints here and there regarding the tunnel mounted torque arms... we ship a ton of those arms out... so the complaints are usually 1 of every 100 shipped which we find very minimal. We feel a lot of the issues are installer errors, incorrect torque on bolts, also things like the vehicle being lowered and aftermarket rear ends will lead to different results.

My personal experience is the short tunnel mounted set-ups are 100% streetable with no additional road noise or clunks.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
i will probably go with the tunnel mount then. if i dont like it i can just sell it and buy the other kind a little noise wont bother me too much. my sub frame connectors added a little more road noise and i got used to it. my car is clunky already and my rockers tick also, so what heck do i care