Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vogtland Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Vogtland Springs

Has anybody tried this springs out? I know they're the manufacturer of Strano springs (not saying they are the same springs). I see one of the sponsor's (WS6 Store) sells them, anybody have info on them?

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...7c39acb8f0421d

http://vogtlandsuspension.com/Pontiac/c6/index.html

I was thinking of going with BMR but these cought my eye, plus they're red
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There info on them in the link you posted. Sounds like around Strano rate in the front but a lot stiffer in the rear.

The latest BMR springs sound pretty close to the Stranos as far as rates and ride height.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, yes our springs are very similar. The front rate is 550lbs, the rear 170lbs. The drop is 1.25". We should have the spring in stock in a couple of weeks.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The springs are not that similar, again a picture is worth a thousand words, just compare the two:

Yes, the picture is quite large, and it's that way to show the details like the fact mine aren't progressive in front. And that the rear tender rate is very short and gone so as not to be part of the working travel. You'll notice other springs don't look anything the same. The working rates in certain ranges might be similar, but similar in a range that you aren't always in isn't the same as being the same.

And FWIW, the claimed rate on my springs never changed, it has for others even when the springs haven't. You can feel free to compare and contrast the springs and decide for yourself if they are the same or not.

Back on the original question: First the Vogtlands are purple, not red. Second check the rates. Not stiff enough IMHO on the front (which is why mine are stiffer), and way too stiff in the rear (which is why mine are softer).

Clearly I work with Vogtland, because they make my springs. Notice I don't offer them on my website? Not because they make bad things, they don't. But the rates for this car, are just way off IMHO. If I thought they were right one I'd certainly use them as it's easier to sell cheaper springs (because of production volume) than more expensive spring (because they are made in limited runs and only available to me).

And fwiw... You are one of the guys who stated in another thread (via a poll vote) you hated my springs. That's fine and all, but you never said why. I'm wondering why, because I can't imagine you'd like spring that are WAY stiffer in rate in the rear if you disliked say the ride quality of mine.

Not trying to start a war, but details matter. And as much as I think my springs are the best springs around I get the feeling you just don't like me. That said, I'll still be honest and tell you that I do think that even BMR's would be better than the Vogtland Production springs as the rates are at least more like what I think is right.

Take it fwiw, I'm just trying to be honest. I'll probably get flamed for it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, yes our springs are very similar. The front rate is 550lbs, the rear 170lbs. The drop is 1.25". We should have the spring in stock in a couple of weeks.
Ok, you might want to update the status of the new springs in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-question.html

I asked if the new design was out already and got no response in that thread. Guess I'll wait. Think you'll have them in for Christmas? The g/f wants to get me something
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
I'm confused then. Are you changing your rear spring rates? You have listed the new drop but the rear spring rate is still the same as the old ones. Was that just a typo or did something change in your design?

Quick Reply: Vogtland Springs