Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker help

Alright just got my 383 ls1 stroker motor back in and was at the tuners and my harland sharp rockers were hitting the valve covers. I ordered spacers and solved the problem. But now my rockers are really noisy, i can hear them inside the car also when im driving. I have stock lifters also. The rockers are 1.7 adjustables. Is it usual for the rockers to be soo noisy??? or could there be something wrong?? My engine builder says the rockers are tight so it couldnt be they are loose.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Interlizer130
Alright just got my 383 ls1 stroker motor back in and was at the tuners and my harland sharp rockers were hitting the valve covers. I ordered spacers and solved the problem. But now my rockers are really noisy, i can hear them inside the car also when im driving. I have stock lifters also. The rockers are 1.7 adjustables. Is it usual for the rockers to be soo noisy??? or could there be something wrong?? My engine builder says the rockers are tight so it couldnt be they are loose.
Pushrod length should have been verfied, and how much preload did he give the lifter?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

well the pushrod length was defiently checked because i didnt end up ordering pushrods until the engine was almost complete because my engine builder wanted to make sure we got the right length. Not sure about the preload on the lifters though?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Interlizer130
well the pushrod length was defiently checked because i didnt end up ordering pushrods until the engine was almost complete because my engine builder wanted to make sure we got the right length. Not sure about the preload on the lifters though?
Probably needs more preload.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the yella terra and compR lifters made a lot of noise in my friends 01 SS

I went with LS7 replacement lifters and new stock rockers that i sent to harland sharp for the bearing up grade, comp 7.4 high tech push rods