For those that don't believe in miracles...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For those that don't believe in miracles...

(updated)

We recently found out my wife is pregnant and she was having some pain which concerned us. After a trip to the doctor's office and a few blood draws, everything was looking good. On the next visit an ultrasound was done, which was inconclusive as far as determining whether there was no baby growing or it was just early. Labs were also drawn that day, and the results did not come back until the next day (yesterday).

So yesterday, I got a phone call at work from my wife and she was very upset at what the doctor had told her. The lab work showed that the hormone levels had dropped and combined with the ultrasound showed that she would more than likely have a miscarriage and suggested we have a procedure to terminate it to avoid complications. To make the situation worse, this was around 4 pm and we needed to make a decision by 5:30 as to whether or not to do this the next day (today).

We were both very upset and at the last minute agreed to schedule it for 11 am today. My wife asked about the possiblity of having more bloodwork done to confirm everything and was told that the results would not come back in time for the procedure. Luckily I was able to get advice from a friend who suggested that we not rush things and cancel the procedure.

We and lot of friend's and family prayed about the whole situation and what to do. Today, we cancelled the procdure and had my wife go in for another blood draw, and it came back with unexpectedly great results. A doctor that I work with arranged for another ultrasound tonite, and we were able to see a heartbeat !

I honestly believe that this was a miracle and God put the right people in the right places to keep us from doing what would have been an unintentional abortion.

I know everyone has their own beliefs and opinions about God and I am not trying to push anything on anyone, but I wanted to share with everyone here, my own awesome experience. Miracles do still happen today, and we have the ultrasound picture to prove it.

Last edited by rayosequis; 07-27-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: update and attach pic
Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing to say about this but....... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! You are very fortunate indeed to have such people in your life. I can't stress how important it is to ALWAYS get a second opinion on something you are not sure about.

CONGRATS on being pregnant!!!

You're right miracles do happen every day and you got one!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Nothing to say about this but....... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! You are very fortunate indeed to have such people in your life. I can't stress how important it is to ALWAYS get a second opinion on something you are not sure about.

CONGRATS on being pregnant!!!

You're right miracles do happen every day and you got one!!
well said.. x2..
Old 12-05-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Congratulations to you and your wife

God works in mysterious ways
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats, hope everything goes well.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks a lot everyone, we are really blessed in many different ways.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you did the right thing.

Kids are the greatest blessing in life. It just can't be measured.

We have been blessed way beyond our beliefs.

G/L!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Congratulations! I hope she and Jr do ALOT better than his initial introduction! Good luck! I am thankful EVERY DAY for my 3 wonderful, healthy and intelligent children. May you be blessed.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

This is totally amazing. I wish you and your family the best. God's plan is his plan. He wanted this baby to live and worked it all out.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations! Be blessed man.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Teching In

youve got a gaurdian angel somewhere watching over you, like, there is no denying that after this. Simply outstanding man, congrats on the great news and put some pics up, keep us posted!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 03:57 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Awesome to hear man, really hurts me to hear that god people have complications having children and there are so many people that abuse their bodys and do drugs and have children without a problem.

CONGRATS!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Launching!

thats awesome, congratulations! my wife is 9 weeks in and the baby measures 7 with no heartbeat. doc says she is losing it. we go back in 2 weeks for another checkup and im hoping for a miracle too. best of wishes to you and your family
Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Staging Lane

oh Man that is so great to hear. My wife and i are having a baby boy on the 15th(9 days). We had a rocky pregnancy and went to the ER but that just goes to show you the power of prayer! Good Luck man yall will be in our prayers
Old 12-06-2008, 06:30 AM
10 Second Fun Car

That is truly awesome and may God continue to work in you!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Launching!

That baby is going to end up growing up and being the one taking very good care of you two when you get old because this one has a special blessing. Congradulations on that part of good news in bad times like these.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
thats awesome, congratulations! my wife is 9 weeks in and the baby measures 7 with no heartbeat. doc says she is losing it. we go back in 2 weeks for another checkup and im hoping for a miracle too. best of wishes to you and your family
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

And thanks everyone for all the well wishes !
Old 12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Launching!

that right there just shows you the power of prayer! putting your faith in god and intrusting in him, knowing that he was going to take care of the situation. you have been truely blessed and you will never forget it.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is awesome Congrats!!

My mom had the same complications with me after she lost my brother ans sister at birth, she got pregnant with me the doctors told her the same thing, we dont hear a heartbeat etc...., she luckily got another opinion at another hospital and here I am today. They also told her to have a dnc as well before the second opinion.

God has a plan for everyone just leave it in his hands, my prayers are with you and your wife.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

Man that is a great story. Kids really are a blessing and a miracle. My 5 year old boy is the best thing thats ever happened to me.