Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ready to drop need some help with eibach and Bilstein...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ready to drop need some help with eibach and Bilstein...

Well im thinking about lowering my car next month. But I'm just wondering what else I would need to buy to get everything done right. I want to buy the Bilstein shocks and eibach pro kit. Will i need anything else to have a good installation? I have a 315/35/17 tire on the rear will I have any problems with that?

thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Bilstein says that their HD shocks are not meant for use with lowering springs. People have done it on this board and not reported happiness.

Talk to Sam Strano ------------------------------------------------------------->

He will analyze your goals and get you set up with what you need.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

besides shocks and lowering springs you will need an adj panhard bar for sure.

and since you are running 315s you might need some LCA's?
but im not sure about the LCA's
Old 12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

SLP sells the Bilstein/Eibach "specially valved" setup that they put on 95-02 Level 2 suspension equipped cars. If you are talking about this kit, the only other thing you'll need are jounce bumpers in the rear.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

There are lot of options... Bilstein/Pro-kit is not so hot. SLP's setup is ok, but more tuned to ride than handling (should have been stock, but stock is so bad it makes the SLP stuff look great). I think we can do better (and I say that as one who is an SLP parts dealer).

And you don't need the spacers for the rear bumpstops. In fact being a WS6 the OP's car would have the spacers and WS6/SS Level 1+ type stops.... And I replace them with Z28 stops that are more progressive and don't spike the wheel rate has hard when you hit 'em.....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

i have slp eibachs/bilsteins in the rear with the heater hose mod and hypercoils/bilstein revalves in the front and i'm happy with it. almost the same drop as a pro kit. didn't like what i was reading about the pro kit springs so i avoided them.

i do kinda feel like the bilsteins underdampen the springs but it's still a heck of a lot better than my old 90k mile stockers. plus i only paid $300 for my springs/shocks/32mm swaybar/phb/lca relocation brackets.

i'd definetly suggest doing an adjustable phb and relocation brackets at the same time or in the near future(i had major traction issues without them)
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy different springs! . . . . Seriously listen to Sam, even give him a call, to duscuss your wants and needs.

I blindly did Eibachs, you think they are like the Xerox of Springs, or the Polaroid of film, and have regretted it since day one.

Different springs may cost a bit more, but Eibarch spring rates, especially the rear are terrible.

Quick Reply: Ready to drop need some help with eibach and Bilstein...