Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help me put these in order...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me put these in order...

If I had a 347 forged motor with a d1sc procharger & pump gas, which one of these parts would give me the the most to the least power? Can you put them on order from most to least?

blower cam
ported heads
f.a.s.t. intake
bigger T.B.
headers
bigger C.I. (383-402)
Old 12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its hard to say not knowing your current setup other than the forged 347. Id say in this order:

Bigger CI
Blower Cam
Ported Heads
Headers
Fast/TB (about the same)

Its tough to say though because im not sure if your running stock exhaust manifolds or 1 3/4 headers so would it be stepping up from stock to LT's or do you already have LT's and you mean stepping up to some 1 7/8 headers? Also, is this a forged 347 on all stock components (heads, cam, tb, intke, etc)? Little more info would help.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

i dont think the intake mani, or tb is gonna do much for you since your forcing the air in.(assuming your ls6 intake manifold now)

Definatly more cubes first
Hard to say but next would be cam/heads
(depends how agressive you go with cam, and what heads. You would probbaly be lowering compression a little with the heads to throw some more timing at a higher boost and have it safe, so heads might break even or hurt power, but would be worth it.
Headers would definatly help more then intake mani, and tb.

If your goign to throw a cam in, what might be a aggressive cam for a 346 wont be for a 402. So you almost gota build your motor first, then pick heads and cam.

Chris
Old 12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Well its hard to say not knowing your current setup other than the forged 347. Id say in this order:

Bigger CI
Blower Cam
Ported Heads
Headers
Fast/TB (about the same)

Its tough to say though because im not sure if your running stock exhaust manifolds or 1 3/4 headers so would it be stepping up from stock to LT's or do you already have LT's and you mean stepping up to some 1 7/8 headers? Also, is this a forged 347 on all stock components (heads, cam, tb, intke, etc)? Little more info would help.
Assuming everything else was stock. Just a forged 347 @ 9.5-1 C.R.
The headers would be Kooks 1/78
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Well in that case id say:

CI is still going to add the most, then id go with headers because if your on stock exhaust manifolds your really chocking out your engine since your forcing so much air in and cant dispel exhaust gases fast enough. After that id say Cam and Heads are probably the same. As stated above heads techincally do not add HP (on an FI setup) as you usually want heads that will lower your compression, which doesnt add HP but allows you to run lower levels of boost to hit the same Hp numbers you were before. The Cam will add HP but your heads will be limiting the setup so in essence its a toss up between the two other than the fact that a Cam is much much cheaper than heads. As for the fast intake I wouldnt bother. The LS6 intake is plenty good and id just port your stock TB.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK...
As far as the ported heads go, I understand how it won't add power on the intake side, but what about the exhaust side? Will the ported exhaust bowls help with the flow?

Quick Reply: help me put these in order...