LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

what do u hate/love about your Impala?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question what do u hate/love about your Impala?

i really like the impala ss, my mom bought the v6 impala and i like it alot, but of course ill HAVE to have the v8, i was wondering what u guys like and dislike about it. i hate the thought of it being FWD, anyways; any input would be apprecited. thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good for a quick daily driver. Not the best platform if you really wanna make serious power. But I doubt that's what you're looking for. Overalll, I like it. Nice exterior style(IMO). Nicely laid out interior, albeit a little too much cheap plastic. Very nice power from the LS4. Main thing I don't like is all the various interior rattles and other noises I have. Along with the fact there's no freaking dry cleaning hooks, just gotta make due hanging stuff on the "oh **** handles." I bought this for a DD and not really to mod, so the lack of aftermarket support and the fact that it's FWD never really bothered me. Seats could offer more support too. Overall there's nothing that should really make you NOT buy one.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWD its a love hate relationship, but it is the main reason I bought it though. I have a Monte, basically a two door Impala. But like stated above, not too much to hate about it, just remember it really isn't a performance car, but a peppy daily driver that can be modded to help out the performance side. GL!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

I love the streetable power of the LS4, the car rides nice, has ample room for people and has a a huge trunk mated with the flip and fold rear seat can accomodate for some huge cargo. I hate the lack of bolsters in the seats. I hate the undersized and crappy brakes, soft suspension and grandpa car-like body roll but, lets face it, this car is not meant to be a canyon carver.

The best way to describe the Impala SS is a touring vehicle. It hauls people, stuff, ***** and rides nice. Definately not made to handle or stop. I did make peoples Jaws drop when I folded the back seats down and hauled home my new 50" plasma in mine.

Last edited by Tap Dat SS; 12-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 12-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Love the power. Other than some rattles and my door locks not working it is a great car. Tons of room. I have a good times on the curvy farm roads around here. Doesnt handle great but still fun. I hate the brakes.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

I like the V8, the size, nice highway ride, and the flip/fold rear seats. I built a deck over the summer and was amazed the amount of lumber that can fit in the back. 2 things I hate are the interior rattles and the front seats. The seats have no lateral support at all, it needs the GXP front seats.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah its fine if its not really fast ill buy something else for that lol, what do u guys think about the longevity of the motor, it just worries me with a motor like that, having different parts, would it be a reliable motor for alot of miles?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't really be concerned much with the reliability of the motor. Other LSx's seem to last for a bunch of miles, albeit without the DoD stuff though. If anything should concern you it's the trannys. People have had them go with relatively low miles. And it's not all people that beat on them some people who granny the cars have had them go out too.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't worry much about the motor. The Gen IV LS engines are the LS4 and the LS2. The LS2 spits out 400 horsepower stock, and easily makes more with upgrades. The LS4 is basically the same engine, shares a lot of internals with the LS2, only slimmed down to transverse mount and fit in our tiny little engine bays and makes only 303 horse. I really doubt you'll ever put any kind of wear on the motor. I personally rarely go over 3k RPM unless I'm at the track or have to haul *** down an on ramp. I'm pretty sure the motor just hangs out and does its thing.

Yeah the trannies are suspecting in these vehicle.s If anything goes that will be it.

PS: Get the GXP. Good brakes, a sweet Heads Up Display, a nice drivers seat, etc.