Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Will this dipreciate my car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will this dipreciate my car?

I currently live in So-Cal and moved here from Illinois, for some reason throughout the move I can't find the title to my car and I need to have it registered in California!!! Would filing for a lost title depreciate my car? Like say a salvage title? And would I have to get it through Illinois or California? Thanks in advance for the help~Chris
Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

You would have to get a duplicate/replacement title from Illinois. It does NOT cause the car to depreciate whatsover. People lose titles all the time and they just get a new one issued. It will cost some $$ though since Illinois won't do it for free. Probably less than $100 and I would think closer to $50. It will take several weeks to get the new title issued and mailed to you most likely. Be prepared for Illinois to ask you to prove ownership. Have the VIN, registration, everything set to go. Since you moved from your address they may need to verify a few extra things. This isn't done to cause hardship but to avoid fraudulent titles being issued.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

filling for a lost title is really a pain, especially in the IL, imo you need to search like an mf for that