Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp power trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Amp power trouble

I hooked up everything, ground, battery, remote, sub wire, RCA's... but i cant get my amp to turn on. I also installed a Pioneer Avic F-700BT, which looks sick!, im wondering if my remote wire needs to be connected to that blue wire that is on the rca harness that came with my head unit, right now it is plugged into the yellow wire on the car radio harness. would that cause my amp to not even turn on though? fuse is in the line and everything, checked all connections and its all hooked up fine. I know its not an HU setting, the amp power light wont even light up so its not getting power at all. I grounded it to the sheet metal on the floor where the spare tire used to be, sanded down to bare metal. any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

got it working now nvm!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

What was your problem? I'm guessing no stable remote wire or positive connection?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

remote wire... on the HU i purchased it had a remote wire with the rca harness, i had it tapped into the yellow ignition wire prior to switching... that was the only problem!