Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

is this a good start ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is this a good start ?

is this a good start towards a boost motor 800whp+. will i have any problems with it because its an 03-05 or does that not matter. this will be going into probably a 71 firebird so i need all ths sensors and ecu that it comes with. will ls1 heads bolt up to this? what will the problems be if any?

** NO Ebay Links **

Last edited by ls1290; 12-10-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good start as the 6.0 L lq4's are a great block to use for FI. For 800+rwhp though your going to have to toss in some forged rods, forged pistons, arp rod bolts, head studs, dual value springs, etc etc to handle that kind of power. LS1 heads should bolt up to it but I believe the LQ4's came with 317 heads, which are a great cheap head for boost. Just upgrade the springs and retainers and with forgd internals you should be able to hit that number with the right FI kit. Are you going turbo or supercharger?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be going turbo. my biggest concern is swapability and being able to tune this. there are also other lq4 blocks but they were in severly wrecked cars where the cam timing chain cover was broken off making me think the cam and or block may have taken some abuse
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acidrain088
ill be going turbo. my biggest concern is swapability and being able to tune this. there are also other lq4 blocks but they were in severly wrecked cars where the cam timing chain cover was broken off making me think the cam and or block may have taken some abuse
Nice yea turbo is def the way to go. As for tuning you could always get a stand alone ECU like Megasquirt and not even bother with the stock ECU. Yea I would stay away from the wrecked cars as if the blocks are damaged im sure you dont want to have to deal with that.