Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What double din to best match my ta stock lighting?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What double din to best match my ta stock lighting?

Thinking going to double din dont' really like the units where the screw comes out.
Just wondering which double dins match the factory ta lighting the closest.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a camaro but changed all my interior lights to red led's... I just installed the pioneer avic F700BT double din in my car, you can change the color to whatever you want, red blue green or whatever mixture you want to make yourself. install wasnt to bad... instead of the bondo that most are doing, I bought a 1'x1' piece of the black plastic texturized plastic that are used for mounting aftermarket single din radios and just cut it to fill in the space on the sides of the double din. For my brackets I bought some sheet metal, cut it to the dimensions i needed, then bent it at a right angle and drilled holes to fit the factory mounting holes, also had to cut some of the top and bottom of my stock bezel. worked out great and wasnt hard at all. ill post pics of my install when i get my new camera for christmas!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Both the Pioneer and Kenwood double DIN models have variable color (32K choices). I've had both a Pioneer AVIC-D3 and a Kenwood DNX-5120 and I was able to match the slightly off-red of the factory lighting perfectly.

Search this Thread