Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which shocks?

Hey guy's I have an 02 WS6 lowered with eibach pro kit.I just ordered UMI strut tower brace and SFC's.I did a search and found out that the shocks need to be upgraded first. Mine are stock but the ride is good.Should I change the shocks before I install the SFC's And which shocks should I get.I don't race the car. It's a garage queen so i don't think I need Koni's which one's do you recommend.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

The sfc and stb supposed job is exclusive of shocks, so you can do whatever in any order. Changing springs you typically want to change shocks as well.

I would see what Sam recommends for shocks. From what I hear you have two preferred options. You can go with the strano spec Bilstiens. You won't get ideal dampening but you will have well built durable shocks. Or you can go with KYB AGX's which will give you better dampening control while the durability and manufacturer support is poor. KYB adjust both compression and rebound with one ****.

If you have the money, no question Koni SA's are your best option for normal driving as well as many other applications
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. Sam any opinions?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with either the Bilstiens or KYB adjust. I'm running the KYB and they have treated me good. My first choice was the Bilsteins but they were on B/O for several months during the time I was needing them.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sstg
Thanks. Sam any opinions?
He will not recommend shock over the net. You have to call him and tell him exactly what you want/need. He will give you options on what he sells but will most likely not recommend you anything without talking to you first.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought some new LG G2 Springs for my car. It has 83,000 miles on it and feels like the rear shocks are gone. What struts can I use with these springs? I would like something adjustable but without having to buy new springs.
TIA
-Jesse
Old 12-17-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
He will not recommend shock over the net. You have to call him and tell him exactly what you want/need. He will give you options on what he sells but will most likely not recommend you anything without talking to you first.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

The issue being it's not so bloodly simple to just give you a brand name. Different shocks work differently.... I'm not adverse to giving out information (real, tangible information), but I'm not in the habit of trying on the web when vague questions an an inability to have a real discussion largely blocks the most accurate exchange of information.

Dirty 30, you aren't going to like this. The LG springs are VERY stiff in the back. In fact one of the very stiffest sets for this car. That rate and the short height means you need a lot of damping. Koni's are your only good solution.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The issue being it's not so bloodly simple to just give you a brand name. Different shocks work differently.... I'm not adverse to giving out information (real, tangible information), but I'm not in the habit of trying on the web when vague questions an an inability to have a real discussion largely blocks the most accurate exchange of information.

Dirty 30, you aren't going to like this. The LG springs are VERY stiff in the back. In fact one of the very stiffest sets for this car. That rate and the short height means you need a lot of damping. Koni's are your only good solution.
Thank you for your input. Ive been looking into those and i might just get them.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have them in stock. Free shipping, and with every sale on Koni's comes detailed installation and setup advice (from me). Many vendors carry Koni, but none can offer the setup information to you that I can. In fact once a customer gets his shocks in hand from me, I ask them to call me so we can go over the details so things are clear and straight forward for the customer as possible.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ thats really good costumer service sam strano!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thank you--I try.

Quick Reply: Which shocks?