Need HELP. Bogging WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP. Bogging WOT

For the past couple of weeks my car has been bogging on WOT. Towards the top of gears is when its the most noticeable but not all the time, but most of the time. It keeps throwing codes like
p0131 and p0171 which i think is lean bank 1 sensor 1. Ive replaced the o2 sensor like 3 times and the code still keeps coming back?

Ive taken it too my tuner and he said to check the fuel pump. But it shows normal. And ive always replaced the fuel filter no more than 10000 miles ago. The car has 120k on same plugs? Is it time for new plugs or something else. Anyone else have problems like this

The car only has just a tune, true duals, intake and gears.

-ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and ive replaced the MAF with another used one my buddy had. And seafoamed the car also.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

I would say change the plugs and wires. About as cheap as you can go and if it dont work then its not like you lost a ton of money.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Launching!

so youve replaced the sensor? well do you have headers, and no cats?
in stock cars the clogged cat could do it, or a plugged injector, lean
means not enough fuel usually, but another thing is next to the throrttle body the pcv hose usually rips check that, and while you check that check all the pcv system to the valve covers for additional air leaks,
air leaks after the maf will set the codes..
check that then come back,
Old 12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Give us a call.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change the plugs/wires and clean the MAF. Cant stress enough how messed up your car can run from a dirty/bad MAF and never throw a MAF code.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Change the plugs/wires and clean the MAF. Cant stress enough how messed up your car can run from a dirty/bad MAF and never throw a MAF code.
Yes, but a maf would cause both banks to do this. Sounds like either an air leak or a lack of fuel on that bank. A clogged injector could cause it, or an intake leak. Lots of wrong answers on here.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Alright thanks for the help guys im gonna check on this stuff 2morrow. But yea ive tried cleaning my old MAF. Then getting a new used one still same thing..So i reallly am confused im gonna try some new plugs and wires and see if that helps it but if not i need to let a pro look at it. But thanks guys for the help i appreciate the quick replys.