Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tried another Lambo...no RACE.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Tried another Lambo...no RACE.

So I went home on lunch, and picked up the vette. I put on my new "goPro" camera, suctioned to the left rear fender, looking forward. Didn't turn it on, until after I got fuel. Pull out, two lanes...45mph type driving. Get to a light,..and whadda ya know,..a metallic sky blue murcielago pulled up along side. He pulled on my passenger side, not where the camera was.

So, I negotiated a bit, and got in his lane, then he pulled on my driverside. Pulled up at the light,...I stopped short cause I wanted to film his car. He was grilling me with his windows up. Just blank staring. Like two people would if they saw eachother across a bar, that didn't like eachother. So, I pull right along side of him. Kinda gave a whats up nod,...he rolled down his window...and I said..."...is that thing fast?".....

"nope.." he says shaking his head.

He asked what was that on my fender...I told him camera..etc...

...then he asked "...soo......is that stock?"......(as my car is idling with a 230's...600's cam on a 112 with no mufflers...only turbo's).....

...I said, "ah..nope...it's got some work. Made some good power but,..it doesn't hook with these tires..."

The light turned green....he hesitated,..I took off fast enough to let him know I wasn't playing....

...he just stayed behind me.

Now,..I have this all on video BUT,..for some stupid reason it won't play on my computer. It says curupt or some ****. What i did fillm, on the way home tonight was another angle, from the roof looking down on the hood. It's long, and really gay, so I won't post it.

Hoping to do some daytime filming this weekend soo,...I hope not to dissapoint.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on my new "goPro" camera, suctioned to the left rear fender

Whats that?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

You do realise you are about to get your P P smacked, right?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
they are not that fast. Then newest ones perhaps
Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by avro206
they are not that fast. Then newest ones perhaps
That wasn't what I was reffering to. The mod ****'s just luv luv luv a what if thread. I will admit I have postted a "Not a kill story" thread before. It got deleted and quickly. LOL Jay has been on a rampage about BS threads not being in the BS forum.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

So, what you mean to say is that you beat a Lambo because he was afraid to go WOT?

Just tryin to help out
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill by default. lol. You need a vid of that GT you posted a lil while back ago. That would be sick.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

This is an attempt for a street race atleast. This is the gray area.

Otherwise Scott, correct, I am tired of deleting the bs "what if's".

I'm curious what the camera cost actually.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

Otherwise Scott, correct, I am tired of deleting the bs what if's.
Hhhmmm.... I diidn't even bother reading past the title.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 AM

Thats funny

We should have 3 guys back today
Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got caught up in a race between a WS6 a SS camaro and 2 green Galardos a few weeks back! I got sick to my stomach after jizzing for about 10 minutes!!! felt guilty like I cheated!!! lol
Old 12-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Jamie just needs to put an LS2 intake on his car since they work better for boost* and give me his FAST

* LS2 intakes DO NOT work better for boost.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
I put on my new "goPro" camera, suctioned to the left rear fender

Whats that?
www.goprocamera.com

http://vimeo.com/user619797/videos

My P P is a little sore last night. ******* rubbers. Can't someone just slap my hands?

Honestly, this would have been a great story, IF I had the video to go with it. It was a good looking car,..and I think the audio picks up great so, you woulda heard our conversation,...and the two cars.

Originally Posted by ZFan88
So, what you mean to say is that you beat a Lambo because he was afraid to go WOT?

Just tryin to help out
If thats what keeps me out of hot water. lol. Raced a few lambo's in the past....and, from what I hear, there is a Hefner TT gallardo running around now too soo,..maybe we'll get some actual footage of a race.

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Good kill by default. lol. You need a vid of that GT you posted a lil while back ago. That would be sick.
Thought about going to the show where I last saw him tonight but, we'll see. If I can't make it, I already have some peeps on the prowl for it, to atleast get his info to set it up for a daytime run.

Otherwise Scott, correct, I am tired of deleting the bs "what if's".

I'm curious what the camera cost actually.
I here that.... I have never posted a what if thread in my life. Useless ****, yes,...whats if's...na.

The camear is normally $200 bucks,...I got it at a ,..much cheaper price then that...even though I think it's worth $200 bucks.

It has sound, and multiple mounting pads,..inside and out.

I'll plan to do some daytime filming tomorrow after I reroute my turbo drain pipe and add some solid motor mounts.

Oh, and Jay,...I might be selling my FAST bro. It has burst panels already installed.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
www.goprocamera.com

http://vimeo.com/user619797/videos

My P P is a little sore last night. ******* rubbers. Can't someone just slap my hands?

Honestly, this would have been a great story, IF I had the video to go with it. It was a good looking car,..and I think the audio picks up great so, you woulda heard our conversation,...and the two cars.

If thats what keeps me out of hot water. lol. Raced a few lambo's in the past....and, from what I hear, there is a Hefner TT gallardo running around now too soo,..maybe we'll get some actual footage of a race.

Thought about going to the show where I last saw him tonight but, we'll see. If I can't make it, I already have some peeps on the prowl for it, to atleast get his info to set it up for a daytime run.

I here that.... I have never posted a what if thread in my life. Useless ****, yes,...whats if's...na.

The camear is normally $200 bucks,...I got it at a ,..much cheaper price then that...even though I think it's worth $200 bucks.

It has sound, and multiple mounting pads,..inside and out.

I'll plan to do some daytime filming tomorrow after I reroute my turbo drain pipe and add some solid motor mounts.

Oh, and Jay,...I might be selling my FAST bro. It has burst panels already installed.
Let me know. What are you going to replace it with?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:17 AM

Jamie, do you have access to s stock or stock-ish CTSV? These dudes on the CTS-V board want to see a race between an SRT8 300 and a CTS-V. I have the 300.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...t-8-300-c.html

Then that spawned this one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...auderdale.html

Let me know man, I'll steal my wife's car
Old 12-20-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

I can never seem to get a race with an exotic. I don't know if they are pussies or afraid to DRIVE their cars. Oh well maybe someday.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let me know. What are you going to replace it with?

The sheetmetal and carbon manifold. Precision metalcraft?...I might be wrong on the name. Nitro Dave sells them,...and I figure, it'll be the last manifold I should ever need to buy. I think in south florida, i'd be fine with the FAST up until X amount of boost(personaly, i'd think it would last forever). I don't NEED an intake right now but, I figure i'd try and get one before the price goes up...

I'll let you know. If I get rid of it, it'll probably be like 750,...and that has the custom nitrous burst panels(stainless)...for those JUST incase moments.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jamie, do you have access to s stock or stock-ish CTSV? These dudes on the CTS-V board want to see a race between an SRT8 300 and a CTS-V. I have the 300.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...t-8-300-c.html

Then that spawned this one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...auderdale.html

Let me know man, I'll steal my wife's car

I know of only ONE down person to race, that the V is NEAR stock. I know it has gutted cats, mufflers, and that is all, as of last month. I used to know alot of people with those that'd be willing to race but,...they're dropping like flys.

Send me a text or give me a hollar. I know the dude,...cool kid,..he'll go from whatever speed I believe.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Village Idiot

You know fellas it really amazes me how many of these threads in this section sport race stories against amazing exotic sportscars that are basically worth a small fortune in cash....Yet the owners of these expensive exotics race them all the time against every day Ford Cobra's and Chevy Camaro's just for kicks on the streets or on the freeways.....Hmmmm? Now, I live in LA, Cali. near Malibu and see these types of cars all the time, but yet the owners of these cars never want to race.. Not just against me either but in general from what I've seen.. Owners of these exotics are either afraid to hammer them in fear of speed or mechanical failure in my neck of the woods would be my best guess.. ...

Makes one wonder if half these threads in this section aren't complete bull ****... Pics or it didn't happen needs to be enforced in this section I say!!!...

Doesn't anyone else ever question the validity of some of these posts or am I the only one?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
You know fellas it really amazes me how many of these threads in this section sport race stories against amazing exotic sportscars that are basically worth a small fortune in cash....Yet the owners of these expensive exotics race them all the time against every day Ford Cobra's and Chevy Camaro's just for kicks on the streets or on the freeways.....Hmmmm? Now, I live in LA, Cali. near Malibu and see these types of cars all the time, but yet the owners of these cars never want to race.. Not just against me either but in general from what I've seen.. Owners of these exotics are either afraid to hammer them in fear of speed or mechanical failure in my neck of the woods would be my best guess.. ...

Makes one wonder if half these threads in this section aren't complete bull ****... Pics or it didn't happen needs to be enforced in this section I say!!!...

Doesn't anyone else ever question the validity of some of these posts or am I the only one?

You can't go 45 minutes in traffic without seeing a Lamborghini or a Ferrari down here. I also personally know Jamie and he is 100% all the time. I do understand your questioning these threads but for certain memebers, its not needed. V-series or myself for that matter are a few.