Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Activation

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Lock Activation

How are you guys activating your line locks? I am going to put a master arm switch on my nitrous switch panel in front of my shifter, but I need a momentary switch to actually ACTIVATE it.

Where are you guys putting your momentary switches at? I have a Hurst T handle with button off my old car but don't know if I want to use that. I have seen a momentary mounted right in front of the shifter with nitrous switches but how easy is that to hold down while you are doing a burnout or getting ready to launch?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brother just has the arm switch. You hold the brakes, flip the switch, and let go of the brake. it will keep the fronts locked until you flip the switch back.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

See I was going to do that, but I have read that some tracks won't pass that because in the rules it says they have to be activated by a momentary switch.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
See I was going to do that, but I have read that some tracks won't pass that because in the rules it says they have to be activated by a momentary switch.

I am in the same boat as you but thinking of running dual master switches or just 1. I don't know of any tracks that actually check those so I think you will be fine if you just want to use one switch. I just think it is more of a safety issue on the street?? I am thinking about putting the 2nd switch in the ashtray so that way it could not be accidently activated.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

See I had a line lock on my old bird. I loved it and had that and my two step hooked up to my hurst t handle. It worked great. I could do a burnout without the line lock, flip a switch and activate the two step, put it to the wood and go. As soon as I let go of the button the line lock released, the two step deactivated, and the spray hit. It was pretty much like a stalled auto on juice coming out of the hole.

I just don't know if I like the way the t handle looks and dont want to take off my pretty MBA ****, LOL
Old 12-20-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

You could use the master switch to activate the horn button as the momentary switch if you want to get creative. Horn works normal with switch off and when switch is on diables the horn and is a momentary LL switch.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Here is how i did it:

It's the fog switch on the right. I just realized that you have 96, so this post probably won't help you out at all. When activated, the light shines up. Turn it off and it's good to go.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

^^^ so you are only running a single switch? Very stealth, I like it.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
^^^ so you are only running a single switch? Very stealth, I like it.
I just purchased the SLP Line lock kit and a buddy of mine and I did all the wiring and running to put it on that switch. Yes it's only a single switch.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

You did reverse the wiring to the switch? Power thru the switch not ground as SLP sells them?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
I am in the same boat as you but thinking of running dual master switches or just 1. I don't know of any tracks that actually check those so I think you will be fine if you just want to use one switch. I just think it is more of a safety issue on the street?? I am thinking about putting the 2nd switch in the ashtray so that way it could not be accidently activated.
Im with you...I doubt they check it, I Used a covered switch to prevent accidental activation. I have too much damn wiring running around my dash to worry about another switch
Old 12-21-2008, 04:37 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the SLP kit. I went down to Ace hardware and paid $5 for a momentary switch. I mounted it inside my console, in front of the CD storage area. When I go to use it, I raise the lid, hold down the switch, etc. Not using it, lid is closed, it can't be seen or activated.