Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Sail Subs in Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Sail Subs in Camaro

Hey,

I just received the KEE audio replacement speaker package for my 99 Camaro with the Monsoon system.

The Bazooka speaker says it's 4 ohms....I thought I read on here that the Camaro sub is 2 ohms.

Before I install these, I assume that the subs have to be wired on each speaker in parallel to get to the factory 2 ohm spec?

The rest of the install seems pretty painless.....

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I addressed this awhile back but it was on another post. Check out post #7 for the actual diagram (for this it is the top left diagram specifically). They are DVC 4ohm so you just wire them in parallel. Takes about 5 minutes and 12" of speaker wire, 6" for each side if that. Hope this helps you!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ack-stock.html
Old 12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Hi, I addressed this awhile back but it was on another post. Check out post #7 for the actual diagram (for this it is the top left diagram specifically). They are DVC 4ohm so you just wire them in parallel. Takes about 5 minutes and 12" of speaker wire, 6" for each side if that. Hope this helps you!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...ack-stock.html
I did find that diagram, I just wanted to verify that info before I wire it up....the package looks sweet...can't wait to throw it in!

Thanks for the help!