Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roller rockers with aftermarket heads?

Old 12-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roller rockers with aftermarket heads?

just need to know if it's necessary to get roller rockers with aftermarket heads or just keep the stockers? i know the stocker cause wear and the rollers give better stability but what damage can the stockers cause? is it minimal and what rockers work the best?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wear you hear about is usually valve guide wear. An example is TFS says aftermarket rockers properly setup need to be used with their heads or VG wear will result. I THINK they have fixed that prob cause they have made some changes and now recommend a 7.5 PR instead of the 7.7 on the earlier runs. TFS cam/no mill setup with I THINK OEM RR's will work on stock RR's. I am not sure of this so I am sure somebody else will carry this farther.

TFS used to post on here so their info would be most credible... So maybe we can hear from them.....

I do believe any bronze guide is not as durable as a ductile iron guide and must be setup much more carefully and within tolerances.

Search this Thread