Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

question about different size wheels and ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about different size wheels and ABS?

So I want to go with a drag setup of some Prostars on my Z28. I want to go with a 15 x 8 on the rear with a 275 x 60 x 15 tire and a 15 x 4 on the front with some 165 x 80 x 15 tires. With the different size rims and tires I am guessing this is going to create an ABS code/error. What do you all do about this, do you just let the ABS inop light come on or do you remove the ABS or what? Also does this impose any problems with the traction control system also because the front wheels will be spinning at a different speed than the rears? Just want to know what the best course of action to correct this will be and what the rest of you have all done. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tording99Z28; 12-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depend on the overall height of the tire and from your combo...

25.39" tall in the front..
28" in the rear.

you will have problems. I would pull the ABS fuses because when the ABS kicks on the first time the car will think you are basically on ice and pulse the brakes keeping you from stopping. If you don't it will do this a few times before it actually disables the ABS.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
It all depend on the overall height of the tire and from your combo...

25.39" tall in the front..
28" in the rear.

you will have problems. I would pull the ABS fuses because when the ABS kicks on the first time the car will think you are basically on ice and pulse the brakes keeping you from stopping. If you don't it will do this a few times before it actually disables the ABS.
So its either pull the ABS fuse or do the ABS delete then? Will this also mess with the traction control system?