Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Something that everyone who street races should watch

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something that everyone who street races should watch

http://bilgalleri.dk/html/vid_vis.asp?VideoID=22034

I'm not going to pretend that I'm smarter than anyone here. I street race, and I've done some really stupid things in the past. Fortunately I've been lucky. Everyone has survived my stupidity, and no one was ever seriously injured. I know you're going to race. I will too. Just be smarter/ more mature than I was and take your races away from the general public, and make them as safe as possible. Don't involve innocents in your risk taking decisions.

I once raced a guy who lost control of his vehicle and careened into a highway barrier head-on. He wasn't hurt, but that could just as easily have been someone else's car or a bystander instead of a barrier (this highway was near a residential area.) So I would have felt some guilt for participating in a race that ended badly even if it weren't my car that struck someone. The point is, you cannot control all of the variables so just remove yourself from the possibility of hurting someone who is not part of the race by taking it elsewhere or not participating.

Chris
Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kills, literally .
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats really serious and true you have to be safe but i love the end where the guy in the yellow car doing a burnout i just find that so funny cause i can see 90% of guys including myself doing that
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kills, literally
Lol ^^

I like the one where the girl and guy were smashed. I HATE couples like that.

sorry but the words that escaped me when i watched that were LOL???? i know it happens and its possible, but i hate gory movies, all i do is laugh.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty cool, nice to know that video makers put some effort into their vids
Old 12-24-2008, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

so the moral is... if you wear your seatbelt, your soul cant go to heaven?

heh... on a more positive note.. this video is exactly why i do my stupid **** in an area where no one else is... long road surrounded by farmland, open highway with no one within 500 feet, etc.

what kind of jackass tries to drift on busy *** streets anyway?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

I don't even waste my time looking for a race unless it's raining out. There's no thrill in traction.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Resident

Wow i could only watch half that ****. Holy scare tactics, this is why you get nervous *** people driving, that go 20 under and over react to situations causing a crash in the first place.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Village Idiot

Nice kills...I concure!!!!!

That lady got worked over, nice head shot to windshield hit..... The kid probably was a spoiled brat anyway!!! They should have been looking out for those damn street racers, their bad..

Anymore vids?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that video is saying everyone on this board has a small wiener....or if you are female then wiener envy....hmmm very enlightening
Old 12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Fragile indeed

James 4:14

"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."

I just got a call recently from a woman who I met when I had my repair shop. (We closed it when my Dad had a stroke and thats also why I sold the Cobra, to help care for him financially).

Anyway, its a good story, not to bore you.

I met this guy Eric, a new customer and he had no money. He was having a stalling problem with his work truck on the very same day he was awarded a large landscaping contract and he had no money to fix it but he didn't want to dissappoint the customer. He was almost on the verge of tears and needing help. I stopped what I was doing, went outside and while the guy was pacing back and forth nervous as hell, I found a small vacum leak, threw on a new hose and said " thats it " like most of you would do. No charge.

I had no idea that this guy was going to grab me and almost kiss me with joy.

The guy and his wife were regulars after that, with money ofcourse.

Anyway, I get a customer a few weeks later that said he was at his Church and heard about my shop......Hmmm

It turns out, this guy was a rather well know member of his Church and he was asked to speak to the youth on the topic of " Honesty " and I was the topic.

Anyway, they came back for quite a long time and he would call me just to make sure everything in life was good, really a friend more than a customer.

Well, he was recently diagnosed with cancer and he passed away a few weeks ago. From the time he was diagnosed, he died in 45 days.

His wife called me and wanted me to know how much he appreciated my help but I wish I had known so I could have seen him.

Life is fraglie indeed and though I am not trying to preach to you, I wish you guys a safe and Merry Christmas.

Enjoy these days and learn not to sweat the small stuff as it will not matter anyway. God Bless you guys and again, Merry Christmas.

Jason
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Village Idiot

Well said Jay...

All joking aside - I agree life is short and no need to get worked up over the little things in life...Like money, bad days, bad relationships, job, work, etc.. If you got your health and your faith then you are doing just fine in my book...

Yep, I lost my sister in law to brain cancer at age 38 and watched her die in front of my eyes, she had two young boys too that were devestated.. She lost her mental capacity in the last day and it was absolutely crazy for me to see... She was loved by everyone... A real eye opener for me many years ago, I really appreciate my life now...Kids are grown up and good on a positive note....
Old 12-24-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some scary stuff. Kinda fake with the Dad driving his family and they are all singing along as he drives down a narrow curvey street at 120?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that 120 is in km/h....that car could not do 180 sorry
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Yeah some of it was like wtf, i would have ran over the dog, slammed on the brakes and hoped to miss poles in the family situation..

Thats why i never race with spectators you never know whats going to happen i only want 2 people at risk, the racers.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude it could totally do that speed, did you not see the boost gauge?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Launching!

i dnt want to see that ****
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Fragile indeed

James 4:14

"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."

I just got a call recently from a woman who I met when I had my repair shop. (We closed it when my Dad had a stroke and thats also why I sold the Cobra, to help care for him financially).

Anyway, its a good story, not to bore you.

I met this guy Eric, a new customer and he had no money. He was having a stalling problem with his work truck on the very same day he was awarded a large landscaping contract and he had no money to fix it but he didn't want to dissappoint the customer. He was almost on the verge of tears and needing help. I stopped what I was doing, went outside and while the guy was pacing back and forth nervous as hell, I found a small vacum leak, threw on a new hose and said " thats it " like most of you would do. No charge.

I had no idea that this guy was going to grab me and almost kiss me with joy.

The guy and his wife were regulars after that, with money ofcourse.

Anyway, I get a customer a few weeks later that said he was at his Church and heard about my shop......Hmmm

It turns out, this guy was a rather well know member of his Church and he was asked to speak to the youth on the topic of " Honesty " and I was the topic.

Anyway, they came back for quite a long time and he would call me just to make sure everything in life was good, really a friend more than a customer.

Well, he was recently diagnosed with cancer and he passed away a few weeks ago. From the time he was diagnosed, he died in 45 days.

His wife called me and wanted me to know how much he appreciated my help but I wish I had known so I could have seen him.

Life is fraglie indeed and though I am not trying to preach to you, I wish you guys a safe and Merry Christmas.

Enjoy these days and learn not to sweat the small stuff as it will not matter anyway. God Bless you guys and again, Merry Christmas.

Jason
i respect u 4 saying this
Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Once again well said Jay......I know I have done some dumb **** in my life. But as far as street racing goes I pretty much limit it to out in the country like someone said above farmland and the only other car around is the one next to me and they know the consequences and the situation they are putting themself.....god willing nothing terribly happens.