View Full Version : CTS-V with CCw C10

Qatar C6
12-24-2008, 05:30 AM
hi to all i have a CTS-V and i will be using the car for auto cross i have a CCW C10 10 -12 what will be a good tires ?

trukk
12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
hi to all i have a CTS-V and i will be using the car for auto cross i have a CCW C10 10 -12 what will be a good tires ?

Felow CTS-V owner here. I guess it depends what your class allows. Hoosier A6's are always very nice.

If you need to run a street tire:

Cheap: Flaken Azenis RT-615's
More expensive: RE01's, etc.

I run road course, and usually wait until winter and get discontinued Hoosiers. My current slicks cost $75 each, and are basically R6 level compounds. Great deal for HPDE level tracking.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/Disclist.htm

-Chris

Qatar C6
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Felow CTS-V owner here. I guess it depends what your class allows. Hoosier A6's are always very nice.

If you need to run a street tire:

Cheap: Flaken Azenis RT-615's
More expensive: RE01's, etc.

I run road course, and usually wait until winter and get discontinued Hoosiers. My current slicks cost $75 each, and are basically R6 level compounds. Great deal for HPDE level tracking.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/Disclist.htm

-Chris

thanks alot Chris , i'm looking for tires better than the hossier for a 5.8 KM track with 15 turn's
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/losail-night.jpg
and i need good grip and handling in the track .
if i can have a tires size and if there will be any set

trukk
12-24-2008, 05:11 PM
thanks alot Chris , i'm looking for tires better than the hossier for a 5.8 KM track with 15 turn's
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/losail-night.jpg
and i need good grip and handling in the track .
if i can have a tires size and if there will be any set

You want better than a racing slick? Perhaps some Kra-z-glu ?

In your area of the world, perhaps you can source some michelin racing slicks?

Keep in mind that you need to get tires that will support the weight of the CTS-V. With that in mind look for tires designed for GT cars, as opposed to LeMans/Daytona Prototypes.

-Chris

Qatar C6
12-25-2008, 05:35 AM
You want better than a racing slick? Perhaps some Kra-z-glu ?

In your area of the world, perhaps you can source some michelin racing slicks?

Keep in mind that you need to get tires that will support the weight of the CTS-V. With that in mind look for tires designed for GT cars, as opposed to LeMans/Daytona Prototypes.

-Chris

thanks for the info , i will be running a round 550WHP does that make a differnce ?

trukk
12-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Do you have experience tracking this car or others? You might want to start with a very nice street tire like a PS2, and then go from there. 550whp + Slicks without a lot of experience could be an interesting combination.

I started using R compounds after about 10 weekends of HPDE.

What mods do you have for 550 whp? Also what are you doing about oiling, cooling and safety?

-Chris

JonCR96Z
12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Trukk, you make it sound like there is some sort of science to road racing.

Qatar, listen to the man. I'm not gonna say that he's an expert (because I wouldn't know one way or the other) but, he sure has lots of boring ass videos of him doing a few laps here and there on his youtube account.

Qatar C6
12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Do you have experience tracking this car or others? You might want to start with a very nice street tire like a PS2, and then go from there. 550whp + Slicks without a lot of experience could be an interesting combination.

I started using R compounds after about 10 weekends of HPDE.

What mods do you have for 550 whp? Also what are you doing about oiling, cooling and safety?

-Chris

yes i have a good experience on this car and other they where a round
400WHP , and the CTS-V got the 550WHP with along block .

Qatar C6
12-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Trukk, you make it sound like there is some sort of science to road racing.

Qatar, listen to the man. I'm not gonna say that he's an expert (because I wouldn't know one way or the other) but, he sure has lots of boring ass videos of him doing a few laps here and there on his youtube account.

The Crazy Sweed
12-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Nice to hear about a cts-v i Qatar, i was at the airport att Doha on week ago and will be there again in 10 days. Good luck with the road racing!! =)