Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry

I want to install a keyless entry system on my 99 camaro b4c. The car has power door locks. What will I need to do in order to install a factory system? I have tired to program remotes with no success. Let me know what you think. Any ideas on a good after market system and how to install would be great?
Thanks
Jaymes
Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have RPO code AU0?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ketless Entry

When the batt goes on my key fob and i try to unlock the door with key will the alarm go off and how do i stop it?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you unlock the car with the door key and alarm is set, you have a few seconds to get the key in the ignition before it goes off.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Teching In

No I do not have the code AU0. My car did not come with keyless entry. Is there any way to add it.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

It sounds like you need the "receiver" part. According to RPOcodes.com the AU0 means "LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY – KEYLESS ENTRY (DOMESTIC)"

I had a Viper alarm installed in my old Dakota. Worked great if you don't mind the gay alarm, unlock and lock noises that it makes. At least you have power door locks, my Dakota didn't, had to install those. I would look into the Viper products. The alarms are a little bit more sensitive too which isn't always a bad thing. You can also add a remote starter later on if you ever want to.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98vette57
I want to install a keyless entry system on my 99 camaro b4c. The car has power door locks. What will I need to do in order to install a factory system? I have tired to program remotes with no success. Let me know what you think. Any ideas on a good after market system and how to install would be great?
Thanks
Jaymes
I am actually working on the same thing right now. Follow these instructions for the "easiest" method for keyless entry... Unless you enjoy aftermarket alarm systems and stuff, then just go that route. I personally like the factory appeal of this method.

Step 1.) open your glove box, and remove everything from it
Step 2.) the two side "walls" need to be pushed in from the outside, don't worry.. they just collapse in.
Step 3.) once those walls are collapsed, the glove box will fall and be hanging from a hinge, and behind it is your BCM (body control module)
Step 4.) look at the BCM for this "DE: 09353691" Or any variable of that number (without the 0 in front of it is possible)
Step 5.) If you see that number, you can go to step 6, if you see
"DE: 09353681" (emphasis on the 81 at the end).. skip to step 8

Step 6.) Since you have the BCM ending in 91, that means you already have keyless entry active on that BCM, just go buy a remote keyfob (part number GM 16245100-29)
Step 7.) Once you have that keyfob, you can program it with the instructions posted below

Step 8.) Since you have the BCM ending in 81, that means you do NOT have the keyless entry system for your BCM... you need to buy a BCM that does have it. You can buy one new from GM for like 350, buy one new from gmpartsdirect.com for like 175, or do what I did, and get one used from someone on the forums for less, and have some more work to do. If you buy it new, just plug it in place of the old BCM and it should work right away, just skip to the programming steps below.
Step 9.) If you buy one used, you have some slight work ahead of you. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE KEY THAT MATCHES IT OR IT WILL BE A PAIN IN THE ***!!!!
Step 10.) Assuming you got a used BCM with a matching key like me, you have several options after you swap out the old BCM for the new one. (I did #1) 1.) use pliers and remove the resistor from the new key, and put it in place of the resistor in your current key, that SHOULD make it so the VATS system in your car functions with the new BCM without dealing with 15 different resistors. 2.) do a VATS bypass by wiring in the new resistor to your current wiring. 3.) rip out your ignition cylinder and replace it with one matching the new key

EDIT: Added PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS
http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ar/key_fob.htm

Last edited by xephona; 10-08-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

The above post worked excellent. Should become a sticky.
THANKS ALOT
Old 12-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Teching In

sweet write up and 2nd the sticky BUT.... i need the same info for my 93 b4c and my 95 t/a. neither came with keyless entry but both have power locks.... so far, i found i need a receiver that it is located in the pass side kick panel. does the wiring already exist to make it plug and play or do i need a harness, what am i missing?
tia

Last edited by stormy69; 12-27-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry