Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pop at idle...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default loud pop at idle...?

For about 2 weeks now i've had fuel issues with the camaro, all after installing new head gaskets. It was throwing lean codes left and right and just recently within the past week stopped, as i found the problem being the vaccume lines. But still i can smell fuel when i'm just driving the car and come to stops; today i started it up, let it warm up in park for about 10 mins and heard a loud pop make its way out through the exhaust. I'm guessing fuel loading up and bam...? It's not throwing anymore codes, and doesn't show any misfires when i'm datalogging so idk what the problem is. I know i have an exhaust leak after the o2 on the passenger side where the exhaust clamps to the lt's collector, and i've got 2 stock plug wires with 6 taylors because the taylor wires pulled out of the boots, but those are the only issue i know of...
Old 12-25-2008, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

It only popped once btw...
Old 12-25-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

it IS the exhaust leak. I've had that problem with my car before. sounds about like a gun shot, right? if so, just tighten up your exhaust and you should be set. How'd that head gasket thing turn out for you as far as since you left the track?
Old 12-25-2008, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
it IS the exhaust leak. I've had that problem with my car before. sounds about like a gun shot, right? if so, just tighten up your exhaust and you should be set. How'd that head gasket thing turn out for you as far as since you left the track?
it wasn't as loud as a shotgun but a noticeable pop... I'm gonna weld it tomm, and hopefully be done with the problem. We installed the head gaskets about 3 weeks ago and i've been trying to get all these little problems taken care of. But basically blew both of the gaskets, they weren't mls gaskets so that was my 1st mistake, especially on the 150 shot. I'm gonna put the 100 jets in it tomm. and see how she reacts after i weld the exhaust up.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

btw, I'm still on band clamps all the way through, and mine is fine. If you weld, sawing to remove will be fun.