Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor Question

I burned my O2 Extensions and O2 Sensor on my header...******* ice disconnected them and the header did the rest. (lowered car)

Anyhow, I'm going to order a new extension, but could I use my old rear O2 sensors?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can use your rear 02 sensors. You could also buy some corvette rear 02 sensors and eliminate the need for an extension.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackLS1m6
Yes you can use your rear 02 sensors. You could also buy some corvette rear 02 sensors and eliminate the need for an extension.
Are you sure? Autozone has 2 different part#s for this. I also thought A/F sensors are before the CAT and O2 sensor after the CAT...I'll just order the extensions and save myself some $$$
Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Are you sure? Autozone has 2 different part#s for this. I also thought A/F sensors are before the CAT and O2 sensor after the CAT...I'll just order the extensions and save myself some $$$
They are all O2 sensors.
On LS1 cars the only difference in OEM part numbers is wire length. All four are the same.
For aftermarket, different numbers might refer to universal, meaning you have to cut and splice your plug onto them.

Do not get corvette sensors, people get these mainly because headers make the O2's run colder, the vette sensors have a colder heater. There are more potential problems running a colder heater compared to extensions.

Bosch sensors suck.

The best thing to do is get OEM sensors with premade (or well made) extenstions.

Another option when you delete the rear O2's is to cut the female end off the wiring harness of the car, cut the male end off some old O2's. Splice them together and there are your free extensions. Only problem is you can't solder the wires because the O2's uses stainless steel wire, you need to use a good crimp connector and heat shrink tubing.