Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT and ST fuel trims locked???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT and ST fuel trims locked???

I'll post the scan later, but basically a buddies car's running like crap after a cam swap. He had a mail order tune put on the car but when he gets on it, it just acts like its running crazy rich. He gets 200 miles to the tank!!? So we datalogged it today and his LT and ST FT's aren't doint anything. Their just staying at zero? Anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If they are all zeroed then the car isn't going into closed loop.
Maybe from a sensor fault or maybe deliberate. Then the tune
has no help from learning, has to get by on its intrinsic accuracy.

I'd get codes read first (maybe some are no-MIL but active?).
And ask the mail order tuner whether full time open loop was
part of the plan.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

do u have the software to post the file or just datalogs?????
Old 12-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1bad lad
do u have the software to post the file or just datalogs?????
X2
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

i have the logs and tune file on another comp. I'll post them as soon as i can find my jump drive, ltr tonight.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

heres the files
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Cody01transamtiresize.hpt (456.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: hpl
codydatalog.hpl (236.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

what injectors r in the car??? what cam was it??? what other mods does it have??? fuel pump??? i am lookin at thee file and there r some things that i see that prolly aren't so great. i need more specs of the build to get u in the right direction. on the datalog the o2 sensors aren't doin anything...tell ur boy to buy some new ones. ok i just made a whole new file for u but since i havn't licensed an 01 car i can't save my changes and send it to u. this sucks. does your buddy have a wideband in the car?? not sure why but in the power enrichment table the values r lower than stock. this would make the car leaner. now with that camshaft the engine is ganna want a bunch more fuel up top. u need to up those values.......set those values at around 1.4. it may be a touch on the rich side but i would then go from 26 to 29 in the timing department. i garantee u the car will feel much better.

Last edited by 1bad lad; 12-28-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

B2S1 O2 sensor is stuck at 450mv and while B1S1 is not stuck, it is not switching. Get the O2 sensors switching like they should and the trims should start working.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1bad lad
what injectors r in the car??? what cam was it??? what other mods does it have??? fuel pump??? i am lookin at thee file and there r some things that i see that prolly aren't so great. i need more specs of the build to get u in the right direction. on the datalog the o2 sensors aren't doin anything...tell ur boy to buy some new ones. ok i just made a whole new file for u but since i havn't licensed an 01 car i can't save my changes and send it to u. this sucks. does your buddy have a wideband in the car?? not sure why but in the power enrichment table the values r lower than stock. this would make the car leaner. now with that camshaft the engine is ganna want a bunch more fuel up top. u need to up those values.......set those values at around 1.4. it may be a touch on the rich side but i would then go from 26 to 29 in the timing department. i garantee u the car will feel much better.

The car is cam only, with a full exhaust. I'll have to get the specs from him later tonight but it is a baby cam. I think it was somewhere in the mid 220's duration with .550 lift. Thanks for your help though. I'll probably pm you if i have anymore ?... I'm new to tuning and waiting on this tuning book to get here.