LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where can I still find, Delteq Opti-Direct Ignition System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can I still find, Delteq Opti-Direct Ignition System?

I need a Delteq Opti-Direct Ignition System?

http://delteq.com/default.htm

I dont need the coil packs, wires, or ignition control module. Ive found ACDelco part numbers for parts that will replace them. Well let me know, I want to go through my ignition before spray. Thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Delteq is basically out of buissiness, the owner became ill and then units started failing.

Since you are so missinformed as to believe you need a multicoil system though why not look at LTCC it always was the better "opti delete" system anyway.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Delteq is basically out of buissiness, the owner became ill and then units started failing.

Since you are so missinformed as to believe you need a multicoil system though why not look at LTCC it always was the better "opti delete" system anyway.
How am I missinformed? Im trying to get rid of the Optispark on purpose. I also daily drive my car year around and I have had 4 optispark problems in the past year alone. Im simply tired of my car missing 75% of the time.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you replaced the vent harness?? The overwhelming majority of the time opti failures especially repeated ones like you are complaining of are due to either the vent harness being plugged or the cam dowel pin being too long. Lots of us have no opti problem whatsoever and oddly it tends to be the experianced competent guys that don't have the troubles.

Far as how are you missinformed, both the LTCC and Delteq require a functional opti base and if that works all that is wrong with the opti is a $100 cap and rotor. Yes the "opti eliminator" kits require a functional optical sensor in the pti so that the computer and ignition know where the engine is at in rotation.

There are ways to truely get rid of the opti none a simple cheap kit, but in the end the opti actually works if you are compentent enough to maintain the system in stock form. Make sure the vent harness is working(dirt cheap) and make sure the wiring harness is sealed, replace the cap and rotor as tuneup items and all will work fine.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you've been through 4 optis, the opti isn't your problem, or you have REALLY bad luck.

With that said, I'll still be going LTCC eventually. The supposed high rpm gains, plus the window switch and timing retard will be put to use.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 AM

Default help

where can i buy all the parts needed to chane to the ltcc? i done reserch and see thats better to get than the delteq opti-direct system..so where to buy the ltcc ?can i get a link
Old 10-11-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by biggjam
where can i buy all the parts needed to chane to the ltcc? i done reserch and see thats better to get than the delteq opti-direct system..so where to buy the ltcc ?can i get a link
http://www.bailey-eng.com/LTCC.html
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

i have the delteq setup which has been pretty great. if i could go back in time i would have done the ls1 pcm swap. yes the delteq works but as for technical support there is none besides people on the forums. As for finding parts...good luck. i came across mine on ebay for $400 only to have to re wire the whole damn thing. the delteq also doesnt "remove" the opti-spark. you still need one for the sensors. 2 weeks ago my water pump failed and drip on the opti. guess what? i gotta buy another one to work with my delteq set-up. if you wanna get ride of the opti go with the ls2 pcm conversion or the LTCC set-up. good luck bro. if you have any questions pm me. ive rebuilt my entire delteq set-up.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The LTCC is pretty much the same as the Delteq, except the Delteq is a waste-spark design. You still need the optispark for the high/low resolution signals.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Opti = win
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Opti = win
Sarcasm MAXED OUT
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Sarcasm MAXED OUT
Believe it or not, I was being serious!! I should be getting the one I got from you guys by the end of the week. It's about time I get my Formula running!!

Quick Reply: Where can I still find, Delteq Opti-Direct Ignition System?