Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got them swirly's out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got them swirly's out!

Well I have posted in this section many times but I have never had my own thread dedicated to my car but finally and after about a year of waiting I was able to get those damn swirls out of my paint!

It all started off with a dual-head cyclo buffer from a company by the name of Jorgen's Garage, the kit also came with his line of products and polishes that he makes and manufactures. The reason I went with him is because my father distrubes a product by the name of Racedeck Garage Flooring system that is owned by Jorgen and we have been doing business with him for a long time and it is safe to say after 6 years we have never had a problem, so when I found that he had a separate detail company, I was completely stoked to see where his kit and products could get my car. I am not trying to sell one product over another or step on any sponsor's toes as I try to support as much as I can but when you can get a detailing kit like this for a fraction of the price I think many other people would have been quick to jump aboard as well.

I received the kit as a gift from my father for christmas and just could not wait to get at these damn swirls and other imperfections in the paint.

Consisting of a dual-head cyclo buffer and 4 compounds and 3 sets of Pads:
-1500 grit cutter
-7000 grit cutter
-Glaze and Polisher
-Keep'R Wet Wax

After a good wash and thorough cleaning of the surface I began my journey to a swirl free clear coat .

I unfortunatly don't have a photobucket account so I am just going to post the pictures as attachments.

The first few pictures consist of what I started out with in the garage under flourescent lighting which really shows the depth, scratches, and swirls that my clear had in it.

I didn't take pictures of the progress between steps because I don't like stopping and starting again cause I just wanted to get it done. So if you wanted pictures of , .

After the polish and wax, these last pictures are of the final results, so for those that voice their opinions tell me what you think. I do know that there is a fair amount of that damn orange peel still left over but compared to what the car looked like before I did anything I think it turned out much better. I don't know much about wetsanding and probably won't be until I have a test piece to practice on to try and see how to get the peel out but for now I'm extremely happy with the results .
Attached Thumbnails Got them swirly's out!-dsc00037.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00043.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00056.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00063.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00060.jpg  

Got them swirly's out!-dsc00067.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00054.jpg   Got them swirly's out!-dsc00059.jpg  
Old 12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good me next
Old 12-28-2008, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

haha I may try to pick up some extra jobs to make some money actually...ship it on down!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

Jorgen's buys his stuff from Chemical guys.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ yep. thats a nice polisher i was considering picking one of those up for detailing purposes. rotary is sometimes a little to harsh on factory clear.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Nice job.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good Russ and glad to see you finally got a camera well have to update your sig.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wannafbody
Jorgen's buys his stuff from Chemical guys.
I would say that any detailing type car company has chemical's in their kit...i think you should elaborate a little more on your anaylsis if you wouldn't mind. Well I'm happy with how the car turned out and I will be testing his gt20/20 paste wax when I finish the rest of the car.

Thanks Jimmy, I think you should come by and see the car in person or if not I'll call you when I get off work tomorrow and maybe I'll meet you some where.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSrussman
I would say that any detailing type car company has chemical's in their kit...i think you should elaborate a little more on your anaylsis if you wouldn't mind. Well I'm happy with how the car turned out and I will be testing his gt20/20 paste wax when I finish the rest of the car.

Thanks Jimmy, I think you should come by and see the car in person or if not I'll call you when I get off work tomorrow and maybe I'll meet you some where.
I think he meant Chemical Guys, google em, I don't buy stuff from them personally but they seem to have a large following
Old 12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great but your 50% done, there is a final step that you are lacking it looks like. From the pics it looks like there is still some marring caused by the pads left behind. Wash it again with dawn soap and get you a white polishing pad and a final polish. If your using a rotary I would say a speed 4, if your using a orbital put it on 6 and let it eat. You wont be disappointed!!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Actually as stated above I used neither and I looked the car over and down again in the pictures and I would just say it's from my camera setting I think I left macro on and it made some of the pictures come out different on my computer than what they really are...hell no one's perfect...and the dual-head buffer doesn't have speed settings just time and separate pads.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks pretty darn good to me!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sway99bird
looks pretty darn good to me!
Thanks broh that's what I was thinking...maybe he was in another thread on accident

And yes as far as the buffer unit itself you can't beat the quality and craftsmanship of it. It's actually nice to know that it's made here in the U.S.A. It's got a decent amount of weight to it and the whole assembly is made with quality in mind as well as longevity of life too....I won't go to another unit ever that's for sure
Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

Chemical Guys is a big wholesaler/relabeler.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Oh well thanks for the info I guess...I'm quite happy with the results and getting the products at a discounted price I'm not going to worry about who it comes from as long as it gives me a great return .
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

im not saying that it look terrible..I think its looks awesome and probably 1000 times better then before!! You did A good job, What I was saying is that there is still more shine to be had, believe it or not. I have been buffing cars for 5 years now. I had a black Z28 as well, and it took me a long time to figure everything out!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a 3M softpad and 3M softpad polish and my black car's never get swirl mark's.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

I have so many swirl marks its not even funny. How much is one of these kits? Im really afraid of going through the clear 155k
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DAMN, it looks good....I cant wait to do this to mine, but im waiting till spring so i can start storing her in a garage
Old 12-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

looks great!

im also liking the grill, very original.

anything behind it?