Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Camaro Halo Headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Camaro Halo Headlight install

Hey guys I apologize if this is in the wrong section, just spent the last hour looking through the FAQ and lighting section for an answer before posting. I have just purchased the black housing Halo headlights for my 02' z/28, need help with the wiring for the halos, I have the self stripping Wire tap connector things*reccomended in the ebay install guide http://reviews.ebay.com/Halo-Ring-An...AT:-1:SEARCH:2 and am planning to wire the ground/hot for the halos into the parking lights but do not know which of the three wires is what, ground, steady power, and blinking. anyone done this install????? I am not sure if i need to cut the wires then use the taps, and if I mess up picking the wrong wires then im screwed because there will be punctures in the wires?

Sorry for the NEwbness.

Thank you!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't use the wire tap connectors myself, as you lose the insulation on the wire which will lead to corrosion. I also dont know if you can carry enough current through them to run lights. Its not that difficult to cut and splice them. Im not sure on which wires are which, but if you have a test light then it will be simple to figure out.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The three wires at the front should be black, brown, and light blue (left side) or dark blue (right side). Black is ground, brown is parking light power, and blue is DRL/turn signal power.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Ya'll Thank you for your advice. I think I am gonna do a "western union" type connection, solder that and throw some heat shrink tube on that biatch. This will be my first automotive splice action, Id assume this or a similar variant will perform much better than the twistie caps or "twist and tape" method.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Hey, sorry to jack this thread, but I'm trying to replace my headlights. I got the old ones out, but can't seem to get the new ones in. Can't get the clip like things in the back to line up. Any advice of how they go in? The new one came out fairly easy, just can't get the new one in...

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Just keep rotationg the black retaining clip until it sits correctly...you might not be getting all the tabs lined up correctly

Quick Reply: Camaro Halo Headlight install