Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Complete Drag Race Powertrain/Suspension ETC. Setup For All 93 & Up F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Drag Race Powertrain/Suspension ETC. Setup For All 93 & Up F-Body

New member here. I've got a 1995 Z28 stroked 383 Advanced Induction head and intake work (200cc) with a pretty hot cam. Trying to get all the bugs worked out. I'm looking for experience on powertrain and suspension setups. It's an all engine car at about 12.25:1 compression, walbro fuel, all msd ignition, accel 36# injectors, Holley 58mm, pace setter long tubes w/2 dump cut outs, hyd. roller, cvs push rods, comp roller rockers, eagle bottom end, speed pro pistons, all arp hardware, gm performance high press oil pump, moroso p/u and street strip pan. About 10,000 in the engine, fairly budget build up on that side. I figure it's getting ready to get expensive though. Hoping for ball park of 500 to the wheels. I'll be taking it to Phillip Smith (bluecat tuner) in KY to get it tuned (trying to get scheduled in right now). Probably gonna look at 9" moser with 4:10s and a spool. I'm just hoping to get a good list started of **** that works, quality, and strong.
Thanks for any input.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

best setup, best deal out there as well. Midwest Chassis & Performance fabricated 9 inch rearend and suspension components. rearend package comes with relocators, sway bar mounts, brake line clips, drain plug, etc. also included is choice of tunnel mount or trans crossmember mounted chromemoly adjustable torque arm. include a set of chromemoly adjustable lca's and phb, and a set of Strange or AFCO shocks and you are on your way to 1.4-1.5 60 foots and no worries with your power. check it out further in the gears and axles section. discounts on other parts when a package is ordered.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give us a call. We are the leader in drag car suspensions for these f-bodies. We can supply you a full drag suspension built in house all out of chromemoly and TIG welded. Or we can supply you with a street/strip style suspension with BMR parts.
We also have a sale running right now. http://madmanandcoracing.com/catalog.htm on the shocks and we can work a package deal with the suspension.

225-343-9029
Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO you dont need the 9 inch at that power level, unless its a stick car and you plan on driving like a stick SHOULD be driven.

If its an auto, get a 12 bolt, its lighter and takes less power to turn.

Call Madman, he can get you inline with what you need.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastfatboy
imo you dont need the 9 inch at that power level, unless its a stick car and you plan on driving like a stick should be driven.

If its an auto, get a 12 bolt, its lighter and takes less power to turn.

Call madman, he can get you inline with what you need.
the car is an m6. I jam gears just as good as the next guy i just definately don't want it to break. If i'm puttin cash down i'm gonna try to get the toughest. Thanks for the input though. I wasn't sure of the ball park a 12 bolt would stand. Is it right at 500 with a stick car or +/-?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12 bolt will hold with that power mine is going on 3 years of abuse its my clutches that have taken a beating
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

bump**