Driving slow in the fast lane....

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driving slow in the fast lane....

When you come across someone that is doing this, its generally a truck...old lady.....not this day!

Which one of you clowns drives a black LS1 Camaro with those LG Enkei wheels and Borla exhaust? This guy was driving 60 down 820, on the west side of Fort Worth, in the fast lane on Friday? Cars were shooting around this guy...I get up next to him and he's on the phone.

Pull your head out and get out of the way!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Honestly, that is in my top 5 of pet peeves!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

what is is the speed limit on 820?

I'm usually driving 70-80 mph on the highway/freeways but if some *** hole comes behind me flashing their lights I will slow down to the speed limit...

The other day I was on the Beltway doing 80 and some *** in a Toyota can flying on my bumper flashing his lights so I slowed to 60
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

IMO it has nothing to do with the speed limit. If you're not going faster than the average flow of traffic in the right hand lanes then you need to scoot your *** over.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah... here's my theory on road traffic speeds.
you can only be happy if everyone else is going the exact same speed as you.
otherwise...

They're ******* a$$holes if they go slower.
or complete maniacs if they're going faster...

pick.

But they should pick the correct lane. BUT if everyone's flying around this guy... then he probably wouldn't have a chance to SWITCH lanes. Just a thought.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I do agree with the "Keeping up with the Flow of Traffic" but that will not hold up in court if you get a ticket... No Doubt he needed to move over to a slower lane if everyone was going around him.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My thing is/was (car sold) if Im in the inside just to pass, but at times I had other drivers just get up on my *** to hurry up. 1) I either slow down to speed limit or 2) move over let them pass me and then I pass them back and get in front of them, so if they want to speed they better do triple digits before I let them pass. I always move out the way, this is just for straight up ******** I did this to.

In your case, that dumbass should move the hell over.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate that ****. I work in a plant, and we have to go to these 6 hour safety meetings every 6 months or so... The guys that teach these classes are generally the most paranoid guys around because they have seen people get hurt/die.

Anyways I went to one of these classes a couple of weeks ago, and the guy teaching it was talking about applying this safety stuff to your everyday life. He was telling everyone in there that they should stay in the left lane on the freeway 100 percent of the time. He said if someone was coming up on you real hard you could just get into the median as long as you were in the fast lane. You also dont have to worry about idiots that are merging on to the freeway. He said I dont care if you drive 35 mph stay in the passing lane....

That **** pissed me off so bad. I hate when people do that.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I hate that ****. I work in a plant, and we have to go to these 6 hour safety meetings every 6 months or so... The guys that teach these classes are generally the most paranoid guys around because they have seen people get hurt/die.

Anyways I went to one of these classes a couple of weeks ago, and the guy teaching it was talking about applying this safety stuff to your everyday life. He was telling everyone in there that they should stay in the left lane on the freeway 100 percent of the time. He said if someone was coming up on you real hard you could just get into the median as long as you were in the fast lane. You also dont have to worry about idiots that are merging on to the freeway. He said I dont care if you drive 35 mph stay in the passing lane....

That **** pissed me off so bad. I hate when people do that.
and then I would of told him he is the reason for road rage, and 50% of vehicle accidents on the freeways...
Freaking idiot..
if you want to do 35MPh stay on the stinking Feeder road..!!!
just cause your scared shitless. doesn't mean you need to impede the flow of traffic. One thing I have noticed.. it doesnt matter how safe you try to make yourself, ... You can NEVER control what is going to happen, or what someone else is going to do..
about all you can do, is be very aware of your surroundings, and react accordingly to the situation(not create a problem in order to prevent another one from happening).. 90% of the time you can usually spot situations before they are about to happen.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

The police are handing outtickets like crazy for this very problem. TN law says to keep right unless passing.

Now people are starting this new crap. They drive slow on a 2 lane hwy. When you get to a passing zone they speed up. If you try to pass them you best be much faster then they are cause they will do everythign in their power to keep you behind them. Now if they were jsut doing the speed limit thats cool, but these dill weeds are doign 25 mph in a 55 mph zone. I was running 80 mph before I got around a lady and she was cussing me the hole time. I finally put her in the ditch, her car was faster then the old truck I was driving, she just wanted to stay beside me and yell. To beat all, you don't do anything to people (no tailgating, flashing lights, honking horns nothing) to get these reactions, they just do it.

Last edited by cttandy; 12-29-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
When you come across someone that is doing this, its generally a truck...old lady.....not this day!

Which one of you clowns drives a black LS1 Camaro with those LG Enkei wheels and Borla exhaust? This guy was driving 60 down 820, on the west side of Fort Worth, in the fast lane on Friday? Cars were shooting around this guy...I get up next to him and he's on the phone.

Pull your head out and get out of the way!
LOL, don't be hatin!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

What pisses me off more is people who drive with their high beams at night. Especially when they get right on my ***. It also seems that people like to pick on me more often now that im driving the TA. When i was in my truck no one would mess with me or try to race me

Another pp is when people stop in the middle of the hwy when they have a fender bender or small accident where no one is hurt or anything. I believe that if the vehicle is still drivable, then they should move over to the RIGHT SHOULDER. All they are doing is making traffic worse by staying in the middle.

Also hate it when people slow down a **** load just to see an accident.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cttandy
The police are handing outtickets like crazy for this very problem. TN law says to keep right unless passing.

Now people are starting this new crap. They drive slow on a 2 lane hwy. When you get to a passing zone they speed up. If you try to pass them you best be much faster then they are cause they will do everythign in their power to keep you behind them. Now if they were jsut doing the speed limit thats cool, but these dill weeds are doign 25 mph in a 55 mph zone. I was running 80 mph before I got around a lady and she was cussing me the hole time. I finally put her in the ditch, her car was faster then the old truck I was driving, she just wanted to stay beside me and yell. To beat all, you don't do anything to people (no tailgating, flashing lights, honking horns nothing) to get these reactions, they just do it.
My friend got a ticket in TN for that, he was driving in the passing lane. And I truly hate that ****, MF'ers speed up so you wont pass. Sucks that all I have is my truck, cant go around nobody. Cant wait to get back in an LSX in Spring. When I had my car, I would scare the f**k out of them with the 408 when they pulled that ****.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wrong region, but I passed a black LS1 Trans Am with limo tint all the way around (hard to see out the windshield perhaps??) on the 405 South here in California absolutely crawling in the fast lane (40mph or less), albiet during the morning commute, but people were flying by at 65MPH. It was like the driver had no idea that despite the morning commute, there were no cars in front for an 1/8th mile, and the ones that were in front were moving at least 25MPH faster. The first time I went "ok, so maybe that person is just really out of it today." Then I saw it happen again. At the same time of day. At the same place, but on a different day. Fucktard.

Hawaii has this problem excessively - so much so that right by the Oahu international airport they also have a MINIMUM SPEED posted right underneath the speed limit.

I noticed that in Oregon, some places have "speed zones" with one set speed you should travel at, and everybody pretty much abides (on surface streets).

Last edited by ZexGX; 12-30-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Veteran

In IL, it's not illegal. Wish it was; everything else is.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love it when someone is going slow and when you try to pass them, they speed up. My wife didn't believe me for the longest time when I told her people do this. Now, all I have to do is tell her "watch this" as I start to pass someone and I have the cruise control set. Sure enough like clockwork, as soon as I get next to them, they either match my speed or go slightly faster.

When she asks me why, I simply tell her that they all think either it is a race or they think that they are superior and have the "how dare you pass me" attitude. Fortunately it doesn't bother me enough for me to lose my cool. As soon as they are ahead, I simply merge back over to the right lane and keep on going. Then they slow down again, rinse and repeat. Eventually, they get tired of it and either keep their speed up or let me pass. And, I never have to exceed the speed limit (which I don't.....cruise control is usually on all the time).

btw.......this occurs no matter what car I am driving, the Camaro, Neon, or the Ram.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ohh man sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!! jk that wasn't me( plus I drive a TA) **** like that will get you rear ended and there goes another Fbody..................
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
When she asks me why, I simply tell her that they all think either it is a race or they think that they are superior and have the "how dare you pass me" attitude. Fortunately it doesn't bother me enough for me to lose my cool. As soon as they are ahead, I simply merge back over to the right lane and keep on going. Then they slow down again, rinse and repeat. Eventually, they get tired of it and either keep their speed up or let me pass. And, I never have to exceed the speed limit (which I don't.....cruise control is usually on all the time).
The people here won't let you by EVER. They will slow down even slower once you are behind them again, so they can TEACH you a lesson. You have to get around them while you have a chance. The traffic behind you wants around too, and they aren't going to let you fall back in line. We aren't talking about 4 lane roads either, this is 2 lane roads, so you take the chance or get stuck on the wrong side of the road.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Launching!

I'll speed up when some jackass wants to pass me on a 2 lane road, if he's been riding my *** while I'm going more than ten over the posted speed limit.

I hate that ****. That's the quickest way to **** me off, is to ride my bumper. Especially if I'm already speeding.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
I'll speed up when some jackass wants to pass me on a 2 lane road, if he's been riding my *** while I'm going more than ten over the posted speed limit.

I hate that ****. That's the quickest way to **** me off, is to ride my bumper. Especially if I'm already speeding.
Thats a little different.

Search this Thread