Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express NXL got some ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitrous Express NXL got some ???

I'm having some problems finding some information on this system

1. The fuel rails were is the second fuel source coming from for the nitrous are there 3 fittings? like stock fuel, fuel for the direct port, then a nitrous fitting?

2. Will I need a fuel cell with a seperate pump?

3. I have never ran nitrous before would it be dumb to start out with this?

I was just going to get a dry kit but after you add in the money for the extra fuel pump, new injectors and FP gauge its all most as much as this system so why bother. Also with a direct port its safer for the motor, I will be stock bottom end for atleast a year.

I dont know if my thinking is way off but with dry kit you have to tune way rich for the juice then when your NA you run like a dog but with DP I can keep my 13.0 AFR NA then the DP has a seperate fuel source so I can knock the AFR down to 12.0 or whatever is needed for a particular shot so my car will run strong NA and be an animal on the juice. Am I thinking about this right or missing something?

Any info about this system would help, all I know is that its a DP system and the injectors are cradled(sp) by the DP noszles.

Old 09-30-2003, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Nitrous Express NXL got some ???

No one know's?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS1 NXL system includes two high-flow fuel rails that REPLACE your stock rails. The injectors plug into these rails, just like the stockers. There's three passages in the rail - main injector fuel, and then nitrous and fuel fed via the solenoids for the lines running to the NXL nozzles. You'll hook up a nitrous feed line for the nitrous solenoid on each rail. The fuel solenoids are fed internally by the fuel rail -- no external plumbing. You do not need a separate fuel cell and pump for the NXL system - it's fed by the rail itself, making it a complete, fast, clean, safe and easy system to install. It's great as a first system due to its simplicity -- I've heard it's supposed to even be shipped with the correct weather-pak connectors for most of the wiring, which will cut down on install time/complexity a TON!

As for tuning for your target AFR, each NXL nozzle has its own fuel and nitrous jet, just like any other direct port system. You can tune nitrous and fuel however you like. On motor it runs exactly as it does now. On gas, it runs however you chose the jetting.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info

Would I need to upgrade my fuel system?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would definatly at least put in a walbro 340 pump or an inline pump as a safety precaution.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok thanks.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

what about fuel lines going from the tank to the rail? does anyone know how much fuel they can flow? when should you replace the stock ones?