PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I run a gauge and HPTuners at the same time?

Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Can I run a gauge and HPTuners at the same time?

I have been using an LM-1, and I received an LC-1 for Christmas, so I thought about using it to read my AFR with my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, and when I want to do some data logging with HPT use it as well.
I see that one Analog output if foe narrow band simulation, and the other Analog output is for wide band. Can the narrowband Analog output voltages be changed to 0v min and 5v max? Or do I need to run a second wire in parallel from the wide band output?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, you can set the outputs however you like. Just get in with their control software and set the other analog out to also be 0-5 volts. I run a wideband gauge and HP Tuners with EIO on my car.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks, that is what I was looking for!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the aeroforce does not connect to the OBD2 port, if it does, you most likely can't run 2 dataloggers at the same time, even with a Y cable.

Ryan
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Something else to check for on the innovate controllers.

Open up their datalogging software (connects via the serial connection on the LC1 or LM1) and watch the AFR.

Now compare with your AFR in HP Tuners and on the Aeroforce gauge. They should all match. If they don't, you need to tweak the offsets. In HP Tuners that's easy, and there are plenty of walkthroughs on it. On the Aeroforce, you most likely cannot adjust it at the gauge, so you'll need to tweak the scale on the LC1/LM1, to skew up or down (depending on which direction they're off).

This happens due to resistance in the wire and grouding differences between the gauge and the wideband controller. I have my gauge, wideband and HP Tuners all grounded to the same point, and I still have a couple tenths of a volt of difference, which I tuned out using this technique.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can I run a gauge and HPTuners at the same time?