Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

eibach drag launch springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default eibach drag launch springs

after a search, i couldn't find out if these springs actually lower the car or not. do they? additionally, does anyone have any experience with these? they advertise a 2-4 tenth drop in ET... would this require additional expensive gas shocks and what not? i already pull 1.7's on stock suspension with my new stall, i'm just seeing how much lower this would actually get my 60 foot times...

thanks.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

They don't lower the car, in fact they are tall and soft. These are drag springs, not street springs and meant to transfer weight. You don't need anything else like fancy shocks since more damping slows weight transfer and the soft rate doesn't require more damping.

I sell them, but they are pretty specialized for the use. http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=113&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
after a search, i couldn't find out if these springs actually lower the car or not. do they? additionally, does anyone have any experience with these? they advertise a 2-4 tenth drop in ET... would this require additional expensive gas shocks and what not? i already pull 1.7's on stock suspension with my new stall, i'm just seeing how much lower this would actually get my 60 foot times...

thanks.
I have had customers use them and never saw the claimed ET gains. I recommend just sticking with the factory springs.

If lowering your track times is your main objective I can help you out with that also
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i use these in the rear and i drive them on the street its a nice kit i cant give u any 60 times because ive never been with a drag tire and never was able to hook up
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's not at all fair to assume they wouldn't help the launch. There are any number of cases where parts don't always do what you'd think. I know of cars with full supsensions that can't 60' as well the OP's 1.7's. I know of cars setup more for hanlding that have been under 1.7's, and yet other cars that 60'd faster on more handling based shocks than on drag specific shocks....

Situations vary. A taller, softer spring makes for quicker weight transfer. If that would benefit you, then these springs would help. The airbag that comes with the kit is to help tune the car on launch. Does all that mean you will get a .2-.4 drop? No. It also doesn't mean you won't get a gain. Claims are wonderful, and many make them, but that doesn't mean you will get (or not get) a result from any part when there are so many factors involved.

Stock springs work quite well for drag racing, I agree with Lee on that side. That doesn't mean that the Eibach's don't work better, they often do on cars that can make use of more wieght transfer. You could also over weight transfer and bog the car which could hurt times. It's about picking the right part for the right reasons. Don't buy the .2-.4 absolutely, and don't buy that they are no help absolutely. Neither is necessarily true.

There are ways to help traction in any number of ways. One of the fastest is to run LCA relocation brackets to plant the rear tires harder. But again, you could bog the car if you end up with more traction than power.

Most any vendor here can help you, but specifics matter.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the information. i haven't really had traction issues out of the hole with the MT ET street DR's and the stall. i guess i might look into these further down the road when i go for a power increase like a cam or heads, which where my 60' might be affected by increased amounts of power. the only real horsepower adder i have would be long tubes and an intake. 3.73's and 3400 stall helped the 60 foot.

thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure thing.

A word of warning. *ANY* part is meant to do a job. There are claims to be made, and opinions to be found. But the bottom line is that you want the parts that will work the best for your needs, not the ones that make the boldest claims.

Frankly a 1.7 60's for a very stock car is damned good. While you might want more or better traction at some point, it seems the car is launching pretty well right now and since you don't have a lot of grunt (relatively) you could hook it too well.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not a problem please keep us in mind in the future.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rear spring will raise your car.
i had a set on my third gen and only ran the fronts. worked flawlessly for me for years.
went to a coilover setup for more adjustability and weight savings.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Teching In

i have qa1 on the front and the drag launch kit on the rear my car did not raise any on the rear and i ran the car last night and pulled a 1.45 60ft. they are good on the street and i like them. before i did the rears which was the last thing i did on the car it pulled down 1.63 best 60ft. i think i can get the 60ft down in the 1.3s

Quick Reply: eibach drag launch springs