Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

attack of the 16+ second cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default attack of the 16+ second cars

summary: stopped two 16+ second car flybys, nothing special. long and boring - this is intended to help the insomniacs only. you have been warned.

i guess my ride looked pretty damned slow today, but for some reason a late 90's bmw 325i convertible and a riced out (literally had a wing stacked on another wing) late 90's honda prelude were trying to race me...

first off, i was exiting the freeway at about 75mph or so when the bmw swerved over and cut me off. cruising in the exit lane at about 50mph for a solid 1/4mi. i wasn't in any hurry and i had my girl with me, so i didn't feel like opening it up and passing him.
so after we exit, the road opens to 3 lanes (one way) and its fairly straight with a 40mph speed limit and goes on for at least a mile. so the bmw slows to 30 for a green light ahead. i move to the right and accelerate to about 45mph... bmw cruises ahead, passing at about 50mph and i see him turning his whole body around to look at me. he then sticks his hand out the window and starts doing this gay wave of his hand out the window, flapping his hand about and wiggling his fingers - he swerves a little as he does this.
at first, i thought he had a little mental illness, so i didn't think much about it until we get to a light. he looks over, makes this retarded looking smirk and takes off, doing the wave again. at this point, my girl is getting a good a chuckle out of the guy, so i speed up for a slow pass to give her a closer look and provoke him to show me up again.
right as my door crosses his front bumper, i can hear him jump on the throttle while his car barely scoots past and is gaining momentum.
i realize with my 3600 stall, it probably sounds like i'm on the throttle, so he probably thinks he's winning this race he's having with me. i wait for him to get right up next to me so i can get a good look of his smirk, then i floor the gas and jump out 3-4 cars and let off. i then roll down my window and return the gay wave. after this, he stayed back a couple of cars even when i slowed down for a turn.
i wouldn't have raced this guy, but i couldn't have this yuppie burnout talking trash about camaros to his yuppie burnout friends.

ok.. so next comes the prelude. picture full retard body kit, steel black rims tucked into the fenders,
the wing actually looked like (had to google it just because i can't believe it actually looked like this ), fart can exhaust with 4" opening, custom orange metallic paint...
i was minding my own business, passing the guy on the freeway at about 80mph. about a mile later, i see that as i'm exiting, he's cutting over to follow me on this 2 lane banked clover leaf ramp. i can tell he's going to try a ricer flyby on the ramp, so i exit at full speed, trail brake just enough to set the car into the corner and let the ramp scrub off just enough which takes me down to 75mph. i can see him struggling to keep up, taking it about 65mph after he realized he was entering the corner too fast and had to get on the brakes.
a short while later, i can see him coming up and tailgating me just before the next exit. i decide to move over and let him pass, but just as i turn my blinker on, he jumps on the gas to initiate the ricer flyby on my right about 1/2 mile from his exit. just as he hits my door, i jump on the gas and put a bunch of cars on him. as i let off, i can hear him still wide open throttle just before he switches to the exit lane.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
summary: stopped two 16+ second car flybys, nothing special. long and boring - this is intended to help the insomniacs only. you have been warned.

i guess my ride looked pretty damned slow today, but for some reason a late 90's bmw 325i convertible and a riced out (literally had a wing stacked on another wing) late 90's honda prelude were trying to race me...

first off, i was exiting the freeway at about 75mph or so when the bmw swerved over and cut me off. cruising in the exit lane at about 50mph for a solid 1/4mi. i wasn't in any hurry and i had my girl with me, so i didn't feel like opening it up and passing him.
so after we exit, the road opens to 3 lanes (one way) and its fairly straight with a 40mph speed limit and goes on for at least a mile. so the bmw slows to 30 for a green light ahead. i move to the right and accelerate to about 45mph... bmw cruises ahead, passing at about 50mph and i see him turning his whole body around to look at me. he then sticks his hand out the window and starts doing this gay wave of his hand out the window, flapping his hand about and wiggling his fingers - he swerves a little as he does this.
at first, i thought he had a little mental illness, so i didn't think much about it until we get to a light. he looks over, makes this retarded looking smirk and takes off, doing the wave again. at this point, my girl is getting a good a chuckle out of the guy, so i speed up for a slow pass to give her a closer look and provoke him to show me up again.
right as my door crosses his front bumper, i can hear him jump on the throttle while his car barely scoots past and is gaining momentum.
i realize with my 3600 stall, it probably sounds like i'm on the throttle, so he probably thinks he's winning this race he's having with me. i wait for him to get right up next to me so i can get a good look of his smirk, then i floor the gas and jump out 3-4 cars and let off. i then roll down my window and return the gay wave. after this, he stayed back a couple of cars even when i slowed down for a turn.
i wouldn't have raced this guy, but i couldn't have this yuppie burnout talking trash about camaros to his yuppie burnout friends.

ok.. so next comes the prelude. picture full retard body kit, steel black rims tucked into the fenders,
the wing actually looked like (had to google it just because i can't believe it actually looked like this ), fart can exhaust with 4" opening, custom orange metallic paint...
i was minding my own business, passing the guy on the freeway at about 80mph. about a mile later, i see that as i'm exiting, he's cutting over to follow me on this 2 lane banked clover leaf ramp. i can tell he's going to try a ricer flyby on the ramp, so i exit at full speed, trail brake just enough to set the car into the corner and let the ramp scrub off just enough which takes me down to 75mph. i can see him struggling to keep up, taking it about 65mph after he realized he was entering the corner too fast and had to get on the brakes.
a short while later, i can see him coming up and tailgating me just before the next exit. i decide to move over and let him pass, but just as i turn my blinker on, he jumps on the gas to initiate the ricer flyby on my right about 1/2 mile from his exit. just as he hits my door, i jump on the gas and put a bunch of cars on him. as i let off, i can hear him still wide open throttle just before he switches to the exit lane.

Do you know why ALL ricers do the ricer flyby? Because they are Sooooo embarrassed when they see a REAL car that all they can do is try to fly past you hoping you wont see them! However its our job to never let them pass AND to make fun of them over and over and over and over!

p.s. Good kills OP
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do ricer fly by because it takes them so long to get up any speed they are afraid to touch their tiny little brakes because they know it will be another 5 min before they can build up the momentum again
Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K WS6
They do ricer fly by because it takes them so long to get up any speed they are afraid to touch their tiny little brakes because they know it will be another 5 min before they can build up the momentum again

HAHA, checkout youtube and type in ricer! That **** is FUNNY!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BobDoLe

lol thats a good story man. this has only happened to me a couple of times. i usually just get the rev jobs from them. they usually haul *** up to me then i guess as soon as they hear my car they back off lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had another ricer incident that night, but it was not street racing related.
ricer pulled up next to me, reved and started inching/revving. i look over and its an acura integra with silver vinyl graphics, those fake stick-on fender vents, fart-can exhaust, stock wheels with $25 tires. he was on my left and his passenger had her face burried in her hand. we were stuck in traffic.

did some ricer movie just come out or something?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Teching In

The new fast and furious is coming out in a year or something? lol...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Ricer flyby is the equivalent to the "walk of shame" which occurs when you wake up next to a chick, which you remember from last night as being "wicked hot" only to find she has gained nearly 150 lbs over night. And as you leave her house your eyes drop because you are two embarassed to make eye contact with anyone. Walk of shame
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

something like that happened to me tonite... im cruising in 6th (so you cant hear my cutout) and this camaro comes out of no where and down shifts next to me and revs is car a couple of times... alot of traffic so really cant do nothing... so he drives off a lil, but this time i come out of no where and do my down shift and 3 rev's... is look was priceless... cutout 4TW!!!!... more of a OWNED look on his face
Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by highway21
something like that happened to me tonite... im cruising in 6th (so you cant hear my cutout) and this camaro comes out of no where and down shifts next to me and revs is car a couple of times... alot of traffic so really cant do nothing... so he drives off a lil, but this time i come out of no where and do my down shift and 3 rev's... is look was priceless... cutout 4TW!!!!... more of a OWNED look on his face

was it a 78 berlinetta or something?.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Picking on ricers that start w/ you is always fun...good times.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phirepower
Ricer flyby is the equivalent to the "walk of shame" which occurs when you wake up next to a chick, which you remember from last night as being "wicked hot" only to find she has gained nearly 150 lbs over night. And as you leave her house your eyes drop because you are two embarassed to make eye contact with anyone. Walk of shame
That's a great analogy, but in college our walk of shame was the opposite, with the chick leaving the house to shamefully walk home.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

gotta love that double stacked wing especially on the front wheel drivers [wrong wheel drive is what i call it]

makes them do wheelies at high speeds!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
gotta love that double stacked wing especially on the front wheel drivers [wrong wheel drive is what i call it]

makes them do wheelies at high speeds!
FWD's need down force too
Old 12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
FWD's need down force too
for what? its not like they go fast enough to need downforce anyways
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89RSCamaro
for what? its not like they go fast enough to need downforce anyways
Oh the irony.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:40 AM
10 Second Club

That post was extremely descriptive and funny OP. Those guys aren't even worth the gas although they usually won't stop till you obliterate them. His girl had her head in her hands going " oh no he's gonna get his *** handed to him again"
Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Launching!

great story...funny part is i actually read it while i was having trouble sleeping. had a newer hyundai sonata v6 with a full kit and 4" exhaust coming through the rear bumper try and **** with me today...they just dont stop till you put buses on them and then they realize "oh, that's what fast looks like"
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
"oh, that's what fast looks like from behind"
fixed haha!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Staging Lane

Just to correct if it was a 5th gen prelude it was a flat 15s car. If it was the 4th gen with the H22 it is a high 14's but thats all.