Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro 3pc wing removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro 3pc wing removal

I've done some searching, but surprisingly I cant find any threads about it. Has anyone removed a 3 piece wing from a camaro? im not concerned about the piece on the stock wing because i want to put on an SS wing, but im not sure how much of a PITA it is to pull off the 2 pieces on the quarters. also, does the adhesive they use to attach them pretty much ruin the paint underneath?

any help is greatly appreciated
Old 12-30-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure about the quarter panel pieces but i know about the center piece. I had to remove mine to install a manta stripe and the adhesive did nothing to the paint under it, so im guessing it should be the same on the sides.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

If its factory, the end pieces are held on with 3 bolts, and double-sided tape. So you're going to have 3 holes on each side that you need to fill if you remove them, so the quality of the paint isnt an issue because itll have to be repainted anyway. Just look on the inside of your hatch area, and youll see the bolts sticking through with nuts on them. Just take the nuts off, and then you can use just fishing line and a hair dryer to work your way through the tape.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 00CaliforniaZ28
If its factory, the end pieces are held on with 3 bolts, and double-sided tape. So you're going to have 3 holes on each side that you need to fill if you remove them, so the quality of the paint isnt an issue because itll have to be repainted anyway. Just look on the inside of your hatch area, and youll see the bolts sticking through with nuts on them. Just take the nuts off, and then you can use just fishing line and a hair dryer to work your way through the tape.
he is correct..there are 3 holes on each side that will have to be filled. However a body shop can do it for pretty cheap..i think i paid like $50 or so to have my holes filled when i removed my 3 piece spoiler
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00CaliforniaZ28

dam, thats what i was worried about. lol. thanks.