Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Finally! My New wheels and Tires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally! My New wheels and Tires!!!

Here are just a few fast pics that I took in a hurry on my way out the door to work! I will take a bunch more when I get it cleaned, the VHT on the corners, side markers, and tails, and the car aligned later in the week!! It looks sick as hell!! Couldnt be more happy!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell is up with the passanger front it looks like it's WAY too far inside the fender. Not even close to being the same as the driverside, at least in the pics.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

HAHA like I said I need to get it aligned...I replaced the wheels because I hit a curb in the front rite destroying the Chrome Zr1's...Got all the new ones on now but its so out of alighnment that I cant even drive it. I am puting the donut back on the front to get it to the shop tom! Nothing is bent or broken at this point....just couldnt wait to get a few pics up. haha
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Here is a few more I took...

Old 12-30-2008, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Looks great and I did the same thing. I couldn't get it aligned. I needed to replace the rack and pinion because it got bent when I hit the curb on the passenger side. My wheel is tucked inside just like yours
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Man, you guys have good eyesight. I never noticed the right front until you pointed it out.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy crap, ..., that looks like it'll take more than a simple alignment!
Looks like it was lifted incorrectly also & bent the fenders tabs out too.

Oh well, it's a work-in-progress right?!?
Nice wheel upgrade over the stockers. (Yes I realize you were coming form ZR1's.)
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea that front wheel is going to need more than an alignment, something is broke in that motha.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

^ zR1'S WERE OK.....but very common and to me...boring.

I almost cut out any pics with that wheel but figured I wanted to show them all...guess I shouldnt have damn...

As for the wheel. We had no trouble mounting the wheel. When I went to drive it i went a real slow roll first because the alignment is obvious...it was both a loud grinding sound and metal to metal...climbed under the front and looked...saw the rubbing...cant slide a freaking leave behind the tire..

I am going to the shop tomarrow for the alignment..I am not worried. All expensive parts check out and considering the details of the accident..I am lucky to only have to replace the wheels and tires and not body parts.

NOW.....ASIDE from the inward wheel...how do they look!?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Man, that looks worse than just an alignment. Look inthe last pic, the gap in the back side of the fender is not even close to being the same as toward the front. You sure you ddin't tweak the a-arms, rack or k-member?? Something looks way outta place to me, like it got pushed backwards. I hope for your sake it can be easily fixed but I'm fearing it's something bent just from lookin at pics.

And yes, you should include the pic so people can help you out. thats the point of the forum man. Thats something maybe you could have overlooked or not loked at close enough. Don't hide stuff like this cause if you have any doubts at all or what not others might have useful info.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

The wheel in the pic is turned to the right a little bit that is why it looks so turned out and sunk in on the left side of it. yes it leans in at the top. We had the wheel off for a whole two weeks looking at the parts many times making sure there wasnt an issue. everything APEARS to be straight. I was going maybe 25mph tops when I hit the curb and the wheel def took most the abuse...you can see a black scuff in the wheel well where it bottomed out harshly when I hit it.. The shop will be the big test...nothing else I can really do.....the last thing really want to think about at this point is fixing more **** and I doubt anybody here is going to tell me any better whats wrong than a shop with the car in front of them on a rack..

So....again.....till then....what about the LOOK OF THE CAR...seeing this is the appearance section. Thank you.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i'm thinking the brokeness of pass front wheel takes away from the whole look of the car. Its like a hot chick with a visible broken leg, not yet... wait till shes healed. Then she'll be just right.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

^wow...that really clears it up...funny to guess I just don't feel like laughing.

I just called the shop and talked to them some more also showing the pics. They said that they have seen wheels look much worse out of alignment only to go rite back to normal when they were done. He did say that it could also be the rack and pin...God I hope not. What does something like that cost?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

I really dont think it could be anything else but an Arm at worse or maybe a bad spindle...guess I will know for sure tom at the shop! My good friends dad owns a body shop and I just sent him some pics...he hasnt got them yet but he said if the wheel is further toward the back of the car then its common in a curb hit and can be easily fixed on the frame rack...but if its sunk in then it could be maybe an A arm or bad spindle. He will hit me up when he gets the pics and let me know what he thinks..the shop has free estimates either way and a guy I work with dad owns the shop so I'll get this thing figured out soon!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

That is way more than an alignment issue. Plan on replacing the a-arm, possibly the upper arm too... and even maybe the k-member.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by drewwrxrogers
I really dont think it could be anything else but an Arm at worse or maybe a bad spindle...guess I will know for sure tom at the shop! My good friends dad owns a body shop and I just sent him some pics...he hasnt got them yet but he said if the wheel is further toward the back of the car then its common in a curb hit and can be easily fixed on the frame rack...but if its sunk in then it could be maybe an A arm or bad spindle. He will hit me up when he gets the pics and let me know what he thinks..the shop has free estimates either way and a guy I work with dad owns the shop so I'll get this thing figured out soon!

No no no no no

These cars aren't that simple up front. You dont want to go trying to bend a k-member back to its original shape. You will have alignment issues and wierd tire wear untill you fix it right. Trust me on this one... i worked for a place that build tubular k-members... you dont want to try to half-*** this.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

very nice! i need to polish my borlas so they shine like yours lol
Old 12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

The bent fender tab is also an easy fix.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
very nice! i need to polish my borlas so they shine like yours lol
Thank you for the positive response!!!! Makes me feel a little better about the whole thing. They are going to look really great! I cant wait to get the tails blacked along with the side markers and corners this weekend. Already got my cans of VHT!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

they look real good.... very nice choice on the wheels