Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street racing kill Upset

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street racing kill Upset

Well this was quite an upset for me. Me and a couple of friends meet up at night to race and this guy with a 07 Mustang gt calls me out for a race. The guy has intake, muffler cut outs, and a tune. I on the other hand have headers, full exhaust, ls6 intake, diablo tune, and SLP Ram air. I thought it was going to be a kill since i have a 01 camaro z28 so we lined up in this deserted street. I am with my gf and confident I am going to win. He has a stick and i drive an auto but still i thought it was going to be a kill. So as ouir "flag girl" lol raises his hands I am pumped his arms go down and I floor it. My gf in the car is screaming like hooollly S*** he pulls about half a car ahead of me on the start and i start reeling him in. I was in disbelief as i pass him and he ends up near my rear the street comes to a finish.

I slow down and beat him about a quarter of a car. I could not believe it he kept up with me having all these mods. So I race him twice same thing i couldnt believe it. Can somneone give me an explanation about why i couldnt kill him like i thought i would.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mb your ego is too big and you expect too much?

possibly traction issues since you sound like you just "floor" it from the dig and probably spun to hell. or the mustang has a better driver mod than u? who knows.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1Loudz28
mb your ego is too big and you expect too much?

possibly traction issues since you sound like you just "floor" it from the dig and probably spun to hell. or the mustang has a better driver mod than u? who knows.

OP - .....simple, you under estimated him. Bolt on Tune S197 MGT's shouldnt' be taken lightly as you have now experienced.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

the 3vs are no joke with mods and a tune
Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zrultima
Well this was quite an upset for me. Me and a couple of friends meet up at night to race and this guy with a 07 Mustang gt calls me out for a race. The guy has intake, muffler cut outs, and a tune. I on the other hand have headers, full exhaust, ls6 intake, diablo tune, and SLP Ram air. I thought it was going to be a kill since i have a 01 camaro z28 so we lined up in this deserted street. I am with my gf and confident I am going to win. He has a stick and i drive an auto but still i thought it was going to be a kill. So as ouir "flag girl" lol raises his hands I am pumped his arms go down and I floor it. My gf in the car is screaming like hooollly S*** he pulls about half a car ahead of me on the start and i start reeling him in. I was in disbelief as i pass him and he ends up near my rear the street comes to a finish.
Can somneone give me an explanation about why i couldnt kill him like i thought i would.
See above
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Extra weight, A4 with a worse launch, tuned S197. It adds up.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Launching!

I slow down and beat him about a quarter of a car. I could not believe it he kept up with me having all these mods. So I race him twice same thing i couldnt believe it. Can somneone give me an explanation about why i couldnt kill him like i thought i would.
ur lucky because a couple of other boltons he would of handed u ur ***.
either way good kill op
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you should realize your LS1 with a couple hundred worth of bolt on's isn't anything to brag about, lol :rofl:
Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28mccrory
Perhaps you should realize your LS1 with a couple hundred worth of bolt on's isn't anything to brag about, lol :rofl:
LOL So true.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chavez885
See above
Well that what i got a diablo tune its better than no tune at all i believe
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28mccrory
Well ******* i aint bragging all he had was 3 things supposively are engines are 350hp arent i right plus with the bolt on u would think it would be beter i have 3 things on he doesnt plus supposively more hp. just wanted to ask y not to be put down
Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Hey at least you are honest and you still get credit for the kill.What mods do you have ? the 197's run good with the tune and gears, You are pretty close to stock Hugh? A win is a win . My 07 gt has a tune and highway gears 331 to be exact and has run a 13.10 at 106 with a 2.1 60 ft with an auto a-5 13.30 in bad weather.The mods are tune cai and cat back .
Well ******* i aint bragging all he had was 3 things supposively are engines are 350hp arent i right plus with the bolt on u would think it would be beter i have 3 things on he doesnt plus supposively more hp. just wanted to ask y not to be put down
Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Launching!

maybe 350hp at the crank some get 290rwhp some get 320rwhp depending on the car so u might be at 320rwhp u just never know ......and yes a diablosport is better than no tune but not by much get a profesional tune when u have money and ur car will pull alot harder
Old 12-30-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ls1 high horse
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Hey at least you are honest and you still get credit for the kill.What mods do you have ? the 197's run good with the tune and gears, You are pretty close to stock Hugh? A win is a win . My 07 gt has a tune and highway gears 331 to be exact and has run a 13.10 at 106 with a 2.1 60 ft with an auto a-5 13.30 in bad weather.The mods are tune cai and cat back .
Just the headers true duals SLP iintake and the ls6 intake i just couldnt believe i should of been farther than that at least a car or two.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Just the headers true duals SLP iintake and the ls6 intake i just couldnt believe i should of been farther than that at least a car or two.
like i said u need a real tune then u would of got better results with ur mods ur car really needs it the predator is a sorry excuse 4 a tune bro
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I could not believe it he kept up with me having all these mods.
You don't have a lot of mods. Good kill though.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

^^^^ lol! and good kill wish i could find one to run on the street
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I was messing with one on the highway the other day, sounded like it had at least exhaust...wouldn't slow down so we just messed around with 75-105ish rolls, pretty much dead even, seems like I would start pulling and he would get out of it
Old 12-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned

You can't drive, maybe? Or maybe he had **** he didn't tell you about. You also didn't say anything about the length of the race. He jumped out on you and you put half a car on him by the end of the race. If you raced to 150mph that's not impressive at all, but if you only raced to 80, then I'd say that's pretty good.

Chris