Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

fikse wheel torque specs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fikse wheel torque specs?

fikse wheel torque specs?

I have fikse fm1o wheel and i took them apart to give them a good polish. I would like to know what are the torque specs to put them back together and do i need to put on some loctite as well? thanks guys
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

I would just call Fikse with this question. I didn't buy mine from them (got them used) and they have always helped me when I needed it. I need another set and can't find any so I will probably be buying some from them after I sell my blower. What size wheels did you get, 17 front 18 rear? and how wide?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

I got 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 in the rear. I got a good deal on the wheels but i wish it was atleast 18's all around. i've had them for a year now but i just want to give it a nice polsih job during the winter when the car is put away.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Now you are talking about actually separating the hoops of the wheel right?

I tried calling them and asking them about this and they didn't give me crap for info because they said they do not recommend anyone taking the wheels apart like that. First I just wanted to polish them, but then I wanted to order the hoops to make the 9.5's an 11 in the rear. They pretty much just told me "no" when I asked them for torque specs and if I could order the hoops and install them myself.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will need to loctite them and I couldn't find the torque specs either. I used blue loctite and just torqued them with a 3/8 gun until they were sung then one 'tap'.

You could try calling some other manufacturers like 360 Forged, HRE or iForged and just explain your situation and ask them for a ball park torque spec.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

^^ Good call, I didn't think about calling other manufacturers.

Oh, and BTW I love your sig pic, probabably one of my all time favorite movies.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Now you are talking about actually separating the hoops of the wheel right?

I tried calling them and asking them about this and they didn't give me crap for info because they said they do not recommend anyone taking the wheels apart like that. First I just wanted to polish them, but then I wanted to order the hoops to make the 9.5's an 11 in the rear. They pretty much just told me "no" when I asked them for torque specs and if I could order the hoops and install them myself.
damn, i guess there customer service is ****
Old 01-01-2009, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

i guess i'll just make sure they are nice and tight with some blue loctite. thanks fellas
Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIWS6

I wouldn't say their customer service isn't good..They just don't want some unknown quantity disassembling their wheels, putting them back together incorrectly, then having an ambulance chasing lawyer sue them if the wheel comes apart...or a customer bitching them out if the wheel "wobbles" after re-assembly. I can understand their view point.

FWIW, CCW, at one time, had a video on their site on how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble their wheels. I'm sure that a number of their wheels have been damaged in "on track skirmishes", and repaired at the track, between pit stops. It might be worth it for you to give it a look.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHIWS6
I am in no way saying their customer service is ****. I have heard very good things about them from people who have bought their wheels new from them.

But I will say that once I mentioned I bought them "used" they kinda treated me like the red headed step child that no one likes. They really didn't seem like they wanted to talk to me and I called 3 times and got 3 different quotes on prices.

But honestly, when you make such a bad *** wheel that has such a demand, you can probably act like your **** don't stink LOL
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

At least for the Fikse wheels I'm putting on my BMW (17" FM/5s) the torque is 18-20 ft/lbs. Maybe that helps.

Here are the CCW videos the member above was talking about:
http://www.ccwheel.com/files/technical.php
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Guys, found the info:

Sealant: DOW 832
Torque: 180 inch (15 ft) lbs
Old 03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Edit: Nevermind
Old 03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

When I first contacted Fikse about ordering a replacement hoop I was kind of upset that they wouldn't just sell me the hoop for me to install for my buddy since I had taken my CCWs a part several times and felt I had a pretty good grasp on what I was doing.

I sent the wheel off for repair and received it back in a timely manner. I got a call from Fikse when I got the wheel back and I also received several calls months after just to confirm everything was still ok and the wheel was holding up. They have great customer service IMO.

To the OP I would just call them up and let them know why they were taken a part and just ask them for the torque specs for the bolts.

Quick Reply: fikse wheel torque specs?