LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Coolant leak may be upper radiator hose...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coolant leak may be upper radiator hose...

Hi All.
Well, I thought the coolant leak was my water pump because of the coolant I could see on the water pump manifold. I got my water pump in and got ready to tear it down and looked for the leak. I saw the water again, but I couldn't see the source. Then I noticed a bunch of coolant gathered by the clamp on the lower portion of the upper radiator hose. Has anyone had this leak? It is either coolant leaking and ending up there or coolant leaking there and finding it's way onto the belt which is slinging it up onto the water pump area. Crap. Oh, and has anyone replaced those stinkin' heater hoses? I have the robogrip pliers out and I can't get any leverage on the ends attached to the heater core on the firewall.

Thanks,
BJ
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry dude but no. At least I don't think soo. What year do you have? And how many miles? I will go look though!!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an '05 GXP with right at 90k miles. I think it's a bit premature for the radiator hose to start leaking, so I'll probably end up replacing it for nothing and then finding out that it was the water pump after all. Speaking of, I'm looking for the weephole on the water pump. Has anyone pinpointed that?

Thanks,
BJ

Quick Reply: Coolant leak may be upper radiator hose...