Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi, thinking about an LS1 for dd & weekend 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, thinking about an LS1 for dd & weekend 1/4 mile

Hi, I'm new here, but not new to f-bodies, and it's been a long time since I've done anything with them. I'm thinking about a 01/02 A4 z28 setup to look/drive as close to stock as possible, but be 10's capable at the track. I'm guessing s/c, 12bolt (what gears?), track tires, t/c, tune, as the main components to get me there besides free mods and bolt-ons. I'd probably run a cutout to keep it as quite as possible on the street. Does this project sound doable or are my goals unreasonable? It would be a daily driver with no hard street driving, and hopefully a solid weekend warrior. I'd probably have to go with the proper track safety equipment as well. Any suggestions for this type of setup? Has anyone tried or done this? I'd probably start with a mostly stock car and build it up slowly so that it doesn't out-pace my driving skill.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:59 PM

Nothing? No suggestions? I'm sure somebody has done this, maybe a lot of people. Really, my current car isn't too far off (maybe a cutout, EWG, and race gas tune will get me close), but I did have two 4th gens years ago and think that is a better platform for what I'd like to do. Any advice at all?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would go with a forged 370 iron block (lq9 with 8.5:1 CR) and throw on the aps twin turbo kit. will make a pretty good weekend warrior. good luck.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

welcome!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by elias_799
i would go with a forged 370 iron block (lq9 with 8.5:1 CR) and throw on the aps twin turbo kit. will make a pretty good weekend warrior. good luck.
I could start with a 98 if I did something like this, although it may exceed my mechanical abilities/knowledge a little. I hadn't thought about a turbo setup because the s/c kits are packaged so well and I had forgotten about the APS setup. It would keep me plenty interested. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to look into this.