Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perffect exhaust/header setup for ms3 cams

purchased ms3 cam on 01 blks ss looking to get headers cat exhaust now

any suggestions on best match
Old 01-02-2009, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

I dont believe there is a such thing as a perfect exhaust. You will get alot of opinons tho. Im running 1 7/8 Kooks into 3" duals -1 chamber mufflers. No X or H. It sounds great to me. Now as for headers. You can get headers, Or you can get a set that will perform. Starting with some 304SS that will give you exellent ground clearance-Byunspeed has Kooks on sale and Maryland speed-fit, and so much more over the cheaper ones. You will thank yourelf down the road getting it right the first time on headers. Now as for the rest. Do you want to exit out the rear?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

i what would be the best rear or right before the axle i currently have a cutout right before the rear..
Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Dumped will make it louder inside the car and more of a fuel smell. A setup like Mufflex is nice to. A big I-pipe and wont be as restrictive as most think. And If you have to deal with vehicle inspections, Alot of places wont pass dumped exhaust. And going out the rear you have the upper PHB brace to deal with, or get a relocation bracket, take it off-not recommended by some on here-. So for a header back, a custom Y into an 3.5- 4 inch I pipe will do. Spintech makes a muffler that has a single inlet and dual out or single in.out. Or Y it at the rear and install mufflers out back with some nice tips. Check out the external section for Ideas. And before the search police show up.LOL.