Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Will this be ok for the vacuum lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will this be ok for the vacuum lines?

I wasn't sure, but thats how I have it ran now. Checking to see if that is alright. On a side note, my paint skills are pretty awesome.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as your tappind into the manifold after the throttle blade that will work.

I would prefer to not be useing all the tee's and keep the wastegate and BOV hoses reasonably short (less hose to go into vaccume or boost so quicker response)

I personaly take the wastegate ref off the turbo outlet for quicker wastegate response, but the trade off is if not running a boost controller, you will see a little less boost at the manifold then gate spring pressure due to IC and pipeing.

I have made up a small manifold block with 4 tap off points and fitted it in the brake booster line for vaccume /boost ref for , BOV, fuel reg, boost controller, meth controller.

Plug the breather vent on the Throttle Body (it only see's boost ,not vaccume)

And leave the PVC port on manifold for your venalation system.

Hope that makes sence !
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking for the block, and didn't find one. So this is what I ended up with. I'm not running a boost controller, but I also have the port on the turbo blocked. My concern was having them all using the same source, but even with the block it would have been the same thing. I'm pretty sure this will be fine until I add the boost controller and a boost referenced regulator.

Quick Reply: Will this be ok for the vacuum lines?