LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help with my 97 TA

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with my 97 TA

97 TA WS6 M6.. LT headers ORY Borla.. Bought the car 2 1/2 yrs ago.. ran good maybe 4months of the time off and on. replaced opti 2 times. pluggs 3 times wires 3 times. got msd wires on right now. cant figure this thing out and have lots of F body friends that know allot about them but they too cant put a finger on it. car runs bad under a load at random RPMs and pops at idle like fuel is puddling maybe... today i replaced both O2 sensors in front and a cranks sensor. comp throws codes for EGR cause its eliminated O2 sensor cause i eliminated rear one?? Tested my injectors manually today and seemed to not be a factor. new fuel filter recently also. what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump? we have been all over this car and cant seem to fix it. my friend went threw the same BS and then ended up carburating it. I dont want to do that. i want to fix the car and sell it its really nice and has been well kept with only 83,xxx on it. if anyone can tell me anything i may be overlooking i would like that allot. thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

hmm i have heard about similar problems when the opti wasnt lined up right.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think its because of that o2 sensor, but i could be wrong...try putting one in and see if it fixes it. i had a similar problem with misfiring because i had a bad o2 sensor in.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Send your PCM out and have the rear o2's and the EGR and AIR pump deleted. Second, if you are not using an AC delco opti then that is probably your problem. Also check for plug wires burning on the headers. Plug wires should never touch the header

Quick Reply: Need Help with my 97 TA