pristine car trashed

Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pristine car trashed

i was out this saturday night around midnight ibn my 99 ta. car is spotless. only 22,000 miles on it. i turn off hwy 6 onto the I-10 feater road and see workers spraying the overpass gray with spray guns. i think nothing of it and proceed to enter the freeway. i wake up this morning to find my car covered bumper to bumper with gray pain specks. they will not come off easily. and when they do it scratches the clear coat. my T-Tops are trashed (paint on the rubber trim) my windshield wipers and plastic cowl are also trashed. along with all the other **** covered by the paint. where should i take this? someone has got to be respnsible for this, whether it be the state or the painters. what should be my next move? i was pulled ovcer right in front of the intersection but was only givin a verbal warning, not sure if that gets ran through the computer, but if it dose that is proof that places me at the scene. advice?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Banned

Contact the state i guess or go back to where they was working and ask to speak to the boss, Srry to hear that. Gotta suck
((((((Administrator))))))

Sorry to hear that man. Wash it and then clay bar it. Should get all the paint off the hard surfaces, hell even try it on rubber real light pressure.

~ Craig
TECH Regular

Ill claybar it for ya I really think thatll work. Thats what happened to my dad's porsche
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

The clay bar should get the overspray off the paint. The rubber and plastic will be a little tougher to do, but it will come off. I got my roof panel replace a few months ago and still have some specs on the plastic. I would call the state and file a complaint, but your probably on your own.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Happened to mine with epoxy based paint... The detail shop did a pretty good job, but there are still spots that aren't perfect... The company that was at fault paid for it, like nearly $800...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Go back you were they was painting and get the contractors information. 99% of the time this work is contracted through a general contractor so all they are going to do is send you back to the contractor.

If the contractor does not want to help then contact city counsil and they will try to get it resolved. If you have to threaten the contractor with going to city council sometime they will lose the attitude and try to get it resolved. Too many complaints against a company will affect them the next time they bid on a city job.

I deal with city contracts at IAH and I know it can be a pain in the *** but some contractors will take care of it without any problems.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id claim insurance.... then clay bar the **** out of it... do whatever with the money..
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Clay bar should take care of it
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

I hate stories like this , i was driving my 02 Firehawk with less than 15K miles and a woman couldn't merge into traffic and drove in the emergency lane kicking up debris and kicked up a metal bar into the hood and windshield , she saw it and tried to out run me in a minivan , i was on the phone with the hwy patrol and they had to stop her , of course - no insurance
Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Teching In

well i called the TXdot and they gave me the number on the construction conmpany in charge of the work, called them and they gave me the number to the paint company they hired on. got in touch with them explained my situation and was told they have a mobile detailer that will come out and clean my car. i told them parts would have to be replaced and was told they would call me back when the person i needed to talk to was back in the office looks like i may actually get some where.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cad2k3
well i called the TXdot and they gave me the number on the construction conmpany in charge of the work, called them and they gave me the number to the paint company they hired on. got in touch with them explained my situation and was told they have a mobile detailer that will come out and clean my car. i told them parts would have to be replaced and was told they would call me back when the person i needed to talk to was back in the office looks like i may actually get some where.
i would get your insurance company to go after them... you can sit back and relax, and you should get a hefty piece of cash..
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The company I dealt with took care of mine well... I was surprised. Good Luck.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I seen that, i was there the night aswell, means i need to go look at my car (dirty) but if i have overspray on mine im going to bitch aswell, so let me know how this goes. Also on another note, they did have 3 lanes blocked off. Guess that still wasnt enough.

Search this Thread