Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Help with H/C part list

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with H/C part list

Sup everyone, I'm planning my H/C install in March/April and will be putting the parts together from now until then. The number of H/C threads is mind boggling and most don't talk about the best combinations or how a certain cam will be better for a certain set of heads. I know everything must be mated properly for optimum performance. Here are the questions that I have and let me know if I'm missing anything. This is an LS2. Thanks all for your help in advance.

• Set of quality heads, I’m thinking AFR or ETP. What size, 205, 225? I will assume these will come complete with everything needed, such as beefed up valve train components.
• Head gaskets, I’ll assume Cometic, and what thickness? I'm assuming I should increase compression to keep bottom end.
• Cam or Cam Profile, probably the largest I can stuff in there without fly-cutting, power band 4-6500K rpm, torque 430 wheel +
• Push rods and or lifters?
• Rockers? Yella Terra? If so what ratio?
• Under drive pulley? Which one?
• I’m going with a FAST and will be having it ported
• Timing chain- which one? Double Roller? Will it fit under the stock timing chain cover?
• I am going to have 4.10s installed very early this spring, so I also assume this will impact your choices.

This car will see 95% street duty, and not a DD. I have all bolt ons except the FAST installed right now making the HP in my sig.

2007 Z51 3LT C6 M6 Coupe
Vararam: Kooks: Catless X: PCV Delete
Ported Intake/TB: De-screened MAF: Corsa Extreme
Lowered: MGW: PS2s: Tint: Clear Bra: HID Fogs
Formato Tune= 405 hp/ 390 tq
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I assume you aren't stroked to a 402? Just making sure. It might help the people that chime in on ya.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AxisOfOil
I assume you aren't stroked to a 402? Just making sure. It might help the people that chime in on ya.
Thanks for bring that up, no, this is stock displacement.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well. I'm not an expert... and there are actually a few of them floating around here. But I don't think you'll need the "biggest cam" you can stuff in there to move up to 430 tq. With a good set of heads and a small-ish cam you could pretty easily move up 40ftlbs easy i would think.

Quick Reply: Help with H/C part list