37.50%
Stay away from Nitto...
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Need Tires ASAP... need opinions.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tires ASAP... need opinions.

I've been putting it off long enough... the front tires need to go... before I kill myself that is.

Want to stick in the less than $200 a tire range. My rear tires are perfect. So I think I'd keep those and put them upfront. I would just replace two and get new ones for the back.

Want decent daily drivable tire... with the occasional red light show off fun from time to time tire.

Fuzion ZRI's seem to be the cheapest. I have a stock rear end.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

a few more details would help with the the poll.
are you m6 or a4? is the car a dd or a nice weather only car?.
the 555r nitto dr's are a really good tire for the street i have about 4k on mine and they still look new and the hook great on the street and there also good at the track as long as you heat em up good.
im puting down 335 353 ftlbs of tq and i learned how to launch my car they dead hook and i have been in the 1.7 60ft's with them.
going along with the car in your sig you would need a 275/40/17 and those are roughly 150 or so a piece.
you have to remember that no street tire will hook like a dr street or track.
the nitto is not the stickyest dr out there but there the best for dd duty when ya need some grip.
my nitto dr's made a night and day difference in my car no matter what brand street tire i went with my car would not hook it would just light up the tires and i have a almost compleat rear suspention.
hope this helps i took me a long *** time to type it lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Talking

here is a pic in case you want to know what they look like on a 9.5 wheel
Attached Thumbnails Need Tires ASAP... need opinions.-944057979.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

I'm six-speed manual.

Need them for DD duties as well. From what I have read 555R's can do the trick with bang for your buck.

I know better than to launch at more than 2k with a stock rear.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Stay away from fuscion zri I could never hook with them on the front they sucked for steering and then I had one blow up on me on the highway

Got Rid of thoose and Switched to Sumitomo Htr+ like 100 bucks a tire , Still have to be carful launching not to spin to much but in the twisties its great and im not scared to rip into the corners
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

who runs Nitto's on stock rear ends??? successfully too...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run nitto DR 315's on a stock 10 bolt and cut 1.5 60' with no issues. Tires hook great, but don't expect them to last as long as a street tire. Another decent tire I used at the track for a street tire was hankook ventus k 104. I still run them on the fronts. They hook like snot and are a great speed rated tire that acts like a drag radial when heated up. They don't like cold weather though and since you are in a warm cliamate they would work great. When I had them on the rear, I would almost pull the front on a my old stock set up.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

What pressure do you guys run yours tires at? street and track
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

if youre gonna be on the street most the time just get the bfg's. you'll regret buying dr's if you dont visit the track often cause they wear out too fast. dont waste the money on the regular 555s.

buy a crap set of tires with some dr's just for the track. it will save you a bunch of money in the long run over replacing dr's on the street often
Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Stay away from fuscion zri I could never hook with them on the front they sucked for steering and then I had one blow up on me on the highway
You must have had shitty ZRis then, I bought my car with 4 Fuzions and the handling is pretty good. The only time where I get slip where I don't want it was during snow, but you don't use summer performance tires in the snow,lol (except if you're me). I've driven in the middle of rainstorms with this and never once had my tcs or abs kick in at all. Dry traction is good too. The money you pay for Fuzions is pretty good. They're good tires, but there are probably better tires out there so I won't vote at all.

Search this Thread