Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help on where to mount my tweeters

Old 01-06-2009, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on where to mount my tweeters

I've got a set of pioneer premier ts-d720c comps that i'll be putting in the car as soon as my Kee amp rack gets here(been waiting three weeks). I was just wondering where you guys with comps have mounted your tweeters and if you went with the flush or surface mount. Any sort of pics would really help, thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

not the same tweeters, but here are mine https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...installed.html
Old 01-06-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

I mounted mine in the triangle thingys in the door. They are definately too loud and I have to turn them down some. When I re-do my car I think I will go in the a-pillar covers like wowsers. I like them much better. Either way whatever you do do not put them back into the stock locations. The sound waves are wasted hitting your ***.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

The a pillar looks amazing, but i also considered putting them in that triangle part above the door. If i put them in to door i wanted to do a flush mount, but if i didn't like it i would be stuck with a hole in the door.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

any other pics?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have read somewhere (i think crutchfield) that it is best to mount them close to the mids. now i have no idea what the inside of the door on camaros look like but im sure you could mount them in it. maybe find the grill think from a bird to put over it for a stock appearance.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ItsNotStock
I mounted mine in the triangle thingys in the door. They are definately too loud and I have to turn them down some. When I re-do my car I think I will go in the a-pillar covers like wowsers. I like them much better. Either way whatever you do do not put them back into the stock locations. The sound waves are wasted hitting your ***.
didnt you use the crossover that came with your speakers? isnt it adjustable so you can turn the tweeters down? i thought all components had this feature.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

I mounted mine right in front of the power door-lock/window switches. My tweeters sound really good mounted there, even if it doesn't look great!

Search this Thread