Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quick ? reffering to wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick ? reffering to wiring...

So I am trying to clean my engine bay as best as possible with the whole new FI look. I am curious how you disconnect the wiring harness that goes through the driver side firewall? I wanna run all those wires under wheel well tucked in by the fender so there is NO chance in having tire to wire contact.

I know this is the wrong section for this but it seems like all the FI guys do more custom stuff to there car then anyone. And I'm sure someone on here has unhooked it for some reason or another. On my old 3rd gen it had a bolt going through the middle of it that held the inside wiring harness to the one coming from the engine bay. This one is a lot different and is really hard to get to, to even see what's going on.

Your help is appreciated and mods I have put this in the wiring section with ZERO response...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

under the dash thier is i think 3 or 4 diffrent connections to disconnect i cant remember ones on the kick panel its a block u have to on screw with a nut driver then pull apart then thiers a long skinny one on the steering colume then thiers another smaller one on the steering colume thats kinda a pain to get apart then i think thiers one more and you can push it all thru the fire wall into the engine bay that connection in the fire wall dont come apart but unclips from the fire wall pushed from the inside of the car i dont know how difficult it is to do it with the dash in i did it with my dash out. hope this helps
Old 01-07-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly the connection at the firewall is a bulkhead. You have a 7mm bolt on the engine bay side, and on the interior side there is a bolt in the middle that holds the two connectors together.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Launching!

Hmmm. Well. I actually didn't even look into it any further since saultyhuggerss said you had to pull all the stuff through the firewall. If you are right and it's like my 3rd gen was, then this seems very feasible... I will look into it more next week when I have time to dig into the car more again... Thanks for the info guys!

Quick Reply: Quick ? reffering to wiring...